Reimbursement Tracker

Options
ajbopp
ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
edited February 1 in Feature Requests

I would like a reimbursement tracker similar to the refund tracker.

I'm thinking of an interface that would provide a link to the tracker from the Transaction Details, and in the resulting dialog allow you to:

• Pick an account for where the reimbursement is coming from
  • Prepopulated with details from the transaction about where and for how much the expense was incurred
  • The date the reimbursement is expected (with optional alerts for if the date is missed)
  • The account which will receive the reimbursement
  • The category for the reimbursement
  • Attachments

When the reimbursement is received, the spending plan for the month in which the original expense was incurred (assuming it's different) would reflect the reimbursement

Anthony Bopp
Simplifi User Since July 2022
Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

Tagged:
5 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Wedo778
    Wedo778 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Its worth noting that this would need to be able to handle one-to-many situations. When on a business trip, I'll be making a dozen charges that all resolve back to a single reimbursement. So any interface would need to be able to check off the list of reimbursed items against the single distribution.

There is also the possibility that they do not sum down to zero. For example my meals are on a per diem, not individually expensed. I might spend more or less than what I am reimbursed.

I don't particularly care about revising prior month spending plans, I never go back to review what last month or the month before had after it ends. If I want pattern and trend information the watchlists do a better job for me. But if thats what others want, and it doesn't result in me having to do a bunch of clicks to re-accept or re-release funds on that prior month I've got no problem including that for the people who want it. I just don't want my current month thrown out of whack because I got a reimbursement on Feb 9th for charges I made on Jan 24th.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Agreed, I focus on the current month too and looking at the future ones using the spending plan. I want the current month correct, regardless of reimbursements.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The advantage of revising prior months would be for reporting purposes. When you create some sort of annual report, you want the month-to-month reporting to be accurate.

Anthony Bopp

• Wedo778
    Wedo778 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

How do you create an annual report out of spending plans? I'm pretty new to Simplifi but I see neither an export option in the plans themselves or a report option that looks at them. Is this something you do manually outside of the program?

My current workflow for annual reporting is a combination of the Watchlists (using YTD and Monthly Avg) and the Spending report. Neither of these would necessitate a change to closed month spending plans. And both rely on aggregated information for the year rather than which specific months that spending happened in.

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I was thinking of the Monthly Spending Report, which I believe is largely derived from the Spending Plan

Anthony Bopp