Expand the time range on Watchlists/Ability to set a custom range (edited)

Options
Max1223
Max1223 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited January 31 in Feature Requests

I'd like to be able to see more than the last 12 months in the Watchlists, for instance the last two years, or even "all time".

Thanks

4 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Max1223
    Max1223 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Or allow for editable date ranges as found in the Reports section

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Agreed, can we rename the idea to editable date ranges on watchlist? It will make it clearer for me. I rather have a custom date range field versus just an all time or 2 year option.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Max1223
    Max1223 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, custom dates in the watchlist would be great.

• Max1223
    Max1223 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@UrsulaA (this was from the comparison thread)

Here’s what I like about Watchlists:

1. Saved lists: You can instantly see specific lists with one click, vs having to set up a category and filters each time in a report
    2. 12 month view in one click default: to get a 12 month view in reports, you need to go through several clicks. For example create a list of your groceries in a 12 month window, viewed over time. In watchlists, once saved, it’s one click. I believe there is a request to add a single click last 12 month view in Reports, but you still have several clicks to get to a bar graph, over time and with specific categories. Because these Reports aren’t saved, you have to do this everytime to view a different Tag or Filter.
    3. Goal line: Watchlist gives you a goal line, Reports do not
    4. Average Monthly: Watchlist calculates a monthly averages and reports currently months spent so far.

Upon opening the Reports tab, the design of Reports seems to emphasize looking at multiple categories this month by presenting this month, in a pie chart. I think this is important view to have. But then digging deeper requires many clicks. This is where Watchlists seem to come into play, I’d love to see added flexibility of adjusting the dates in the watchlist.

In some ways, if you could “save” a report, in any specific view I’ve created, then I would get what I’m asking for (outside of point 3 and 4), but it seems that Reports and Watchlists aren’t integrated like some other products do.

Thanks for the question, thoughts?

• Max1223
    Max1223 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 9
    Options

Moderators probably can. I propose to edit the title to "Custom date ranges on watchlist that can be longer than one year"

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Marky D
    Marky D Member
    Options

I use the Watchlist feature to manage my budget with different buckets, eg. utilities, groceries, restaurants, etc. I have grown to appreciate the Watchlist feature.

One thing that should be easy to implement and would greatly improve this feature IMO, is adding one more month to bar chart. Currently it only shows 12 months, including the current month. Can you please make this 13 months so we can compare the same month from the previous year? At a glance, I can then compare January '24 with January '23 spending. Thx!