Not getting any PNC updates for a couple of days (edited)

Options

Howdy. I'm just getting going on Simplifi and have all my stuff set up. The onboarding process was not too bad (I'm coming from a different budgeting/tracking app).

My issue: I'm not getting any updates from PNC for a couple of days. I experimented with adding a web connect version of my PNC accounts and new transactions showed up.

Should I switch to either the web connect or maybe the virtual wallet connection instead? Seems that direct connect is preferred, but does it actually work decently? As someone who already works in IT, I am hoping to have to think about it less when managing my finances ;)

Curious about others experiences.

Thanks.

Tagged:

Comments

• nairbkralc
    Options

Update: My transactions were updated today (Monday). Could it have been a "weekend effect"? Anyone else net get any updates this past weekend?

• nairbkralc
    Options

Seems to be a recurring theme with PNC (at least for me). I don't get updates on the weekend.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@nairbkralc, thanks for reaching out!

To clarify, PNC Bank uses the OAuth API connection for online banking services in Quicken Simplifi, so regardless of the option you select, you'll be using their API to connect.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/6997452-new-and-improved-way-to-connect-to-your-financial-institution-oauth-api

With that, it's possible that there may be a delay over the weekends as there are with some of the other banks, but it's not something we've been made aware of as a "things to know" for PNC Bank, nor am I aware of any additional reports of this. For now, I'd suggest establishing a fresh connection with the bank by following these steps to see if doing so clears things up for you:

1. Make all of your PNC Bank accounts manual by following the steps here.
    2. Once you see the account(s) listed in the Manual Accounts section under Settings > Accounts, go back through the Add Account flow to reconnect to the bank.
    3. Carefully link the account(s) found to your existing Quicken Simplifi account(s) by following the steps here.

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• nairbkralc
    Options

Hello! Thanks for the information.

I'm on my third weekend with no updates, so I'm thinking it is PNC.

Will stepping through the above steps cause duplicates to be imported or anything else like that that will cause manual effort to clean up?

• nairbkralc
    Options

Alrighty, I stepped through that process. Will see what happens.

Can I safely remove the original institution that no longer has any accounts associated with it, or is there some hidden linkage that will also remove the transactions?

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

As long as there are no accounts associated with the original institution (either the accounts are manual or connected to another bank connection), deleting the original institution will be issue free. I have followed the steps Coach Natalie outlined above to reset connections with no data loss.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• nairbkralc
    Options

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.