Nelnet FDP-102 / FDP-155 (edited)

Options
2»

Comments

• Sample5175
    Sample5175 Member
    Options

@tane : Nelnet worked for me with Quicken Simplifi from December 2023 through January 2024.

@Phogramity @Jacob Demian @Coach Natalie @Coach Kristina :

Just noticed 'mohela.studentaid.gov' has been added to Quicken Simplifi; image attached.

Perhaps one day 'nelnet.studentaid.gov' will also be added to Quicken Simplifi?

• LVance
    LVance Member
    Options

@Coach Kristina

Please confirm if Quicken is going to update the site to nelnet.studentaid.gov - that seems like a good start.

• Scooter38
    Scooter38 Member
    Options

@Coach Kristina @Coach Natalie please see @beads post above. Looks like you may have to just update the URL for Nelnet.

"I came here to make the same suggestion - Simplifi is showing the URL as "nelnet.com" which is no longer the correct login url for Nelnet student loans. Simplifi needs to update the url to "nelnet.studentaid.gov" - if it still doesn't work after that, then maybe we can say Nelnet is blocking Simplifi's access, but as it stands it's an issue on Simplifi's end that just needs simple updating to rule out that being the problem. Hopefully we can get the attention of someone on the product team"

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello All,

Please see my comment here regarding this issue. At this time, we recommend having everyone contact the bank directly to help make them aware of the problem and its impact. From our end of things, NelNet has been added to our Banks Blocking list.

Sorry for not having better news, but I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• beads
    beads Member ✭✭
    Options

I feel like our messages aren't being read or at least not understood… why would we contact Nelnet to let them know that Quicken Simplifi is using the incorrect login url?

Hopefully this article from StudentAid.gov will explain it better than I can - "Throughout March 2024, all federal loan servicer websites and email addresses will change from “.com” to “.gov.”"

This was a universal URL change for student loan servicers as of March 2024. I was able to successfully track my Nelnet loans in Simplifi (albeit with some intermittent outages) until March 2024, when the URL changed from "nelnet.com" to "nelnet.studentaid.gov."

As long as Simplifi continues to list the outdated and incorrect login URL, Nelnet is not a "Bank Blocking" access to Simplifi - instead, Simplifi is blocking its users' access to Nelnet by not accounting for and adapting to the March 2024 universal changes for federal student loan servicer websites.

• Coach Natalie
    edited April 16
    Options

@beads, to better clarify, we have already investigated this issue on our end. The outcome is that NelNet is blocking us long-term. The URL in Quicken Simplifi does not determine how we connect to the bank from the back end. The issue is not the URL, the issue is that NelNet is blocking us. At this juncture, you will need to contact the bank directly.

I know this is not want you all want to hear, but it's where we're at from our side of things. We apologize for any frustration!

-Coach Natalie

• LVance
    LVance Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie who do you recommend we contact at Nelnet? I doubt a call to the general call center would be effective. A company the size of Quicken should have a contact at Nelnet in development or program management or vendor/customer relations.

• t_kwong
    t_kwong Member
    Options

I am also having this issue. I think it must have been the URL change, as others were able to track their student loan progress through Simplifi up until March when the URL changed. 🤷‍♂️

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@LVance, I'd suggest speaking with their online banking department.

-Coach Natalie

• Simply Will
    Simply Will Member
    Options

Not sure how all this works between Simplifi and financial institutions but it seems like this would be something Simplifi would pursue as it adds value to us the paying customer of the service. At least they would provide us contact information if a grass roots effort is required. Kind of like how the cable/satellite services give out information to customers to contact a specific network company when a contract runs out and the channel gets dropped. The cable/satellite company provides very specific contact information for a customer grass roots effort to help the negotiation. Bottom line is our paid service (Simplifi) lost value by losing Nelnet and Simplifi is telling us to fix it. At least be specific in who and how to contact them. Who are Simplifi's contacts at Nelnet?

• beads
    beads Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you for clarifying that and addressing my question, I appreciate the response

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.