Savings goals not deducting from account

Options
ecrissman
ecrissman Member
edited March 6 in Troubleshooting

I set up a savings goal and assigned an account. However, when I add a contribution it adds it to both the goal and the account balance. This increases the account balance instead on moving it from the balance to the goal. I tried deleting the goal and adding it again, but it keeps both the previous amount and the new amount in the account balance. So my account shows triple the amount that is actually in the account. How can I fix this?

Best Answers

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @ecrissman

If I'm understanding you correctly this seems like odd behavior. I think you are saying that when you add funds to the SG and designate which bank account you are holding the funds in that Simplifi is actually increasing the stated balance of your actual bank account?

A screenshot of this might be helpful. Here is what my checking account looks like in the accounts list.

As of the time I captured this screenshot I have 12,585.89 in my checking account. 4,786.18 of that is set aside for Saving Goals and my available balance is 7,799.71. Am I correct that you are saying this isn't how your accounts look after contributing to your saving goal?

If I understand what you are saying, and I was experiencing what you are describing, my account balance (the top figure) would be $17,372.07 or even more (you said your balance is triple).

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • ecrissman
    ecrissman Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Danny. That's correct. I ended up deleting the account and goals and setting it all up again. It's a manual account, since I can't connect to that bank. So far it's working alright, so maybe it was just a bug. I thought it might also be related to the report I saw that manual accounts were not being updated for 24hrs. I do I have that problem, but hopefully it will be resolved soon. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.