Recurring bills not reconciling

Options
TheDrewzter
TheDrewzter Member
edited April 5 in Troubleshooting

This is the 2nd month in a row where recurring bills aren't getting matched to synced transactions...
The only transactions that DO NOT come into simplifi for my bank account are those that are supposed to be linked to recurring series.
Something's up.

1st screenshot shows the series is set
2nd screenshot shows that the simplifi register is missing transaction/s.
3rd screenshot shows my bank site, with the transaction/s.

I'm about to give up on recurring series, but they work fine against transactions at other accounts, like my credit card.

SERIES

SIMPLIFI REGISTER - Transactions are missing

BANK REGISTER - Transactions are there, they should sync to Simplifi

Tagged:

Comments

• TheDrewzter
    TheDrewzter Member
    Options

Transactions are not being synced into the register even though the account balance is correct.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@TheDrewzter, thanks for reaching out!

It sounds like you're missing transactions in Quicken Simplifi that should have been downloaded from your bank — is that right? If so, I'd suggest starting by following the steps here to troubleshoot missing transactions: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3412682-how-to-resolve-missing-transactions

If the issue persists, I'd next suggest contacting our Support Team directly for more advanced assistance: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

Let us know what you find out in case it helps other users!

-Coach Natalie

• TheDrewzter
    TheDrewzter Member
    edited February 8
    Options

How to Resolve Missing Transactions is not helpful.
    I don't think they're actually missing, I think that having them corresponding to existing recurring bills is making them not appear in the list, otherwise why would every single other transaction appear in the list?

I'm giving it another chance. I've rebuilt one of the recurring bills and will see what happens next month.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 8
    Options

The balances and the transactions come from different data feeds. Your balance will be correct even if a transaction is missing.

Hope next month's recurring bills match with the bank transaction.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• TheDrewzter
    TheDrewzter Member
    Options

Thanks it is very odd that every single other transaction for this account appears in the list just fine, just not the 3 per month that I have linked to 3 individual recurring bills.

• TheDrewzter
    TheDrewzter Member
    Options

March update - it happened again. Every single withdrawal from checking account syncs EXCEPT the one that is supposed to be a recurring bill.

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @TheDrewzter,

Thanks for the follow-up! I would suggest contacting our Support Team directly for advanced troubleshooting of this issue as @Coach Natalie suggested prior. https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is a very curious issue. I'm assuming that because the transaction doesn't appear in the register itself, it is also marked as unpaid in the spending plan, and also doesn't appear in planned spending or other spending. Is this correct?

I would also be interested to know if the transactions appear in a CSV file if you download it from the bank. I assume so, but this is such an out-of-the-box problem that I'm reaching for out-of-the-box troubleshooting steps.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• TheDrewzter
    TheDrewzter Member
    Options

@ajbopp yes the transaction most definitely appears on the csv

This discussion has been closed.