How to "clear" a manual transaction that is still in pending

Options
pixie813
pixie813 Member

I have a manually entered transaction dated 7 days ago, but it is still listed under pending transactions. How do I mark it as cleared?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can clear a manual transaction by going into the transaction details (just click on the pending transaction in the Transactions page) and click the dropdown at the top of the dialog to change from Pending to Cleared.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

Answers

• ejs
    ejs Member ✭✭
    Options

I've noticed that when I create a manual transaction, the default for the pending/cleared status is not consistent. Sometimes, the entry is defaulted to "pending" and I have to manually change it to "cleared," and sometimes vice versa. Is there a way to set the default option for manual transactions to be "cleared"? (If so, I haven't found it.) And if there is no setting, I would think the programmed default should be "cleared" (since instances of needing to manually enter a "pending" transaction are relatively rare).

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

For connected accounts, I use manual pending transactions.

For example, my Capital One credit cards do not bring in pending transactions. I use manual pending transactions at month end to ensure charges I make at month end count towards the current month's spending plan. For that purpose, entering a manual transaction as pending works better for me as pending transactions affect account balances while cleared manual transactions do not. Also, once a transaction is marked cleared, I cannot mark it as pending again.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

This discussion has been closed.