Double-counting pending transactions for balance for Ally Bank.

Options

There seems to be an issue with double counting pending transactions (or balance amounts mapping for Ally Bank). It's happening on 2 of my accounts. Here are the details from one of them:

On Ally website:

• Account Current Balance: $322.60
  • Account Available Balance: $139.36
  • There are 3 pending transactions with a total of $183.24
  • Everything checks out: $322.60 - $183.24 = $139.36

In Simplifi:

• All the transactions are listed correctly with the right amounts
  • The balance is -$43.88
  • Balance is incorrect and what I think is happening you're subtracting the pending amount from available balance instead of current balance (or double counting in another way), i.e.: $139.36 - $183.24 = -$43.88

Happy to provide screenshots if necessary.

Thanks.

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 8
    Options

Can you check your settings for the Ally account? Looks like the account balance Simplifi gets already accounts for the pending transactions. If you change your balance setting to bank balance for the account, does the issue go away?

Disable Pending Transactions From Being Counted for a Single Account

1. Hover over the panel on the left-hand side and select Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Locate the account you'd like to disable pending transactions from being counted for and click the three dots at the end of it.
    4. Select Edit account.
    5. In the Balance type dropdown, select Bank balance (Default) to disable Quicken Simplifi from counting pending transactions for this single account.
    6. Click Update.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4202003-how-to-resolve-balance-discrepancies#h_3ef6eff6aa

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

This discussion has been closed.