Ascensus Issue (edited)

Options
Phogramity
Phogramity Member ✭✭

Trying to connect Ascensus outside of training hours does not work. I recieved an FDP-102 error when trying to connect on Sunday at 9 AM ET.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Phogramity, thanks for letting us know!

To clarify, the known issue with Ascensus is still ongoing. The suggestion to update outside of peak hours is in hopes of success, but won't guarantee it. With that, please let us know if you're still unable to connect after the Alert for this issue is marked as resolved.

Much appreciated!

-Coach Natalie

• Phogramity
    Phogramity Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie the issue linked below is not resolved.

I just attempted to connect my Ascensus account to Simplifi. It is 8:00 PM Eastern Time on a Thursday. I still get a FDP-102 error when I attempt to connect.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Phogramity, thanks for letting us know!

For a 102 error, you'll want to allow at least 48 hours to see if it clears up on its own. I'd suggest giving it a try this weekend to see if you get better results. If the issue is occurring on an existing account, you can also try resetting the connection over the weekend: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4857199-how-to-reset-your-account-connections

If the issue persists, I'd suggest contacting our Support Team directly for more advanced assistance, and so they can log the issue to see what other suggestions we may have for you when it comes to Vanguard's intermittent blocking.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

Please let us know how it goes in case it helps other users!

-Coach Natalie

• Phogramity
    Phogramity Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie it has been more than 48 hours and I am still not able to connect. Markets are closed today so by the logic of the resolution post I should be able to connect. I am still receiving an FDP-102 error.

Please note, in your response to me you specifically mention Vanguard. My Ascensus account is not associated with Vanguard in anyway so a blocking mechanism from Vanguard should not be impacting my ability to add this account to my Simplifi profile.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Phogramity, ahh gotcha! I wonder if that's where the issue lies, as the Quicken Classic side submitted the issue as Ascensus through Vanguard and subsequently resolved it as such. I did go ahead and get this issue escalated for you, and I'll let you know when I hear back.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

EWC-10846981

• Phogramity
    Phogramity Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you @Coach Natalie.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Phogramity, thanks for your patience as this was being researched!

It looks like the Ascensus - RP Link option also has a known issue that is being worked on. Our service provider didn't provide an ETA on a fix and suggested trying again at a later time. Since we don't have enough reports of this issue to create an Alert for you to follow, I'd also suggest just continuing to try every so often for now.

Sorry for not having better news, but I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• Phogramity
    Phogramity Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie, is there an alert for the Ascensus - RP Link?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Phogramity, there is no Alert for Ascensus - RP Link. As mentioned in my previous comment: "Since we don't have enough reports of this issue to create an Alert for you to follow, I'd also suggest just continuing to try every so often for now."

I hope this helps clarify!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.