Adding Putnam Investment Account Returns with error FDP-103

Options
mattman6150
mattman6150 Member

There seems to be an issue when trying to add accounts from https://www.putnam.com . Simplifi returns with error code FDP-103. I have verified that my credentials are correct as I am able to successfully log in on the putnam website. I have also contacted the putnam support team and they said there is no “app specific password” required as was suggested in the recently closed discussion here

Tagged:

Comments

• mattman6150
    Options

i have also tried updating my password with Putnam according to the suggestion in the previously closed discussion (no special characters) and the problem persists

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @mattman6150,

To start troubleshooting this issue, first, please follow these troubleshooting steps:

1. Verify the bank being selected -- There may be several different versions of the same bank in the Add Account bank list, so be sure you're selecting the correct one. If you're not sure, compare the URL's shown for each bank.
    2. Verify your login information – Type your password/PIN into a text application to ensure you don’t have any typographical errors. Then, copy and paste your login information into Simplifi to ensure accuracy. If you use a password manager, try typing the password manually, just in case the information is outdated.
    3. You said you already did this, but try verifying your login at the bank’s website again – This is to confirm that the account isn't locked due to too many failed login attempts.

Note - You said you already checked for an app-specific password and already tried changing your credentials to a password that does not use special characters, so I did not list those steps.

If the steps above do not resolve the issue, please let us know so we can assist further!

-Coach Kristina

• mattman6150
    Options

I have verified I am trying to connect to the correct financial institution (putnam.com) I have manually typed my correct credentials for putnam into simplifi and the FDP-103 error persists. These same credentials work on the putnam website so I know they are correct. I have confirmed that my putnam account is not locked. There seems to be an issue with Simplifi connecting to putnam.com that is not user error.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@mattman6150, thanks for giving those steps a try and posting back!

To escalate a 103 error, we need the following data:

1. The name of the account(s), as it appears on the bank's website.
    2. Has there been any recent changes made to the bank's website or its sign-in process?
    3. What is the exact URL you use to log in to your account on the bank's website?
    4. What type of account(s) are you attempting to connect in Quicken Simplifi?
    5. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website that lists all accounts and balances (feel free to redact any personal info) and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).
    6. The format of your password (DO NOT provide your actual password!). For example, "Quicken123$" would be coded as "Xxxxxxx###$", where a capital "X" indicates a capital letter, a lowercase "x" indicates a lowercase letter, and a "#" indicates numbers; the actual special characters used will need to be provided.

If you prefer to share this information privately, you can send it via a DM here in the Community, or you can contact our Support Team directly to report the issue via a private channel.

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.