Nelnet FDP-102 / FDP-155 (edited)

Options
Sample5175
Sample5175 Member

Hello,

Quicken Simplifi has been returning an FDP-102 error for Nelnet student loans for the past few days now.

"We are unable to connect to NelNet Student Loan at this time. Please try again later.
Care Code: FDP-102"

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• Phogramity
    Phogramity Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm having a similar issue. I've been recieving a 105 error for about the last week or so for my Nelnet loans.

• Ekrob345
    Ekrob345 Member
    edited February 6
    Options

I've also been having the same issue the past week, both FDP-102 and FDP-105. Doing manual entries for now but would like to be able to stay connected to Nelnet for an accurate glance at my balance…

• bmcchesney19
    Options

I also am getting the FDP-105 error for the last week.

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

• Maxent39
    Options

I am also experiencing this problem

• bbmoney
    bbmoney Member
    Options

having the same issue. Been multiple weeks without luck resetting connection.

• nitz64
    nitz64 Member
    edited February 13
    Options

I haven't been able to connect/reconnect to the Nelnet student loan site for several weeks and get the error code

We are unable to connect to NelNet Student Loan at this time.
    Care Code: FDP-155

I see other error codes for Nelnet, but not this one. Anyone ideas?

• Coach Kristina
    Options

Hello @nitz64,

Error code FDP-155 means that the financial institution is blocking indefinitely. There is currently a known issue with connecting to NelNet Student Loan, so this new error is most likely connected to that issue. If you haven't already done so, I would recommend bookmarking this Community Alert to receive updates, when available.

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

• jaiv
    jaiv Member
    edited February 16
    Options

can’t add Nelnet student loan

• graymatter
    Options

I can no longer connect to nelnet either. It's annoying.

• md2dr2
    Options

Same issue here.

• Coach Kristina
    Options

Hello @jaiv and @graymatter,

Error code FDP-155 means that the financial institution is blocking indefinitely. There is currently a known issue with connecting to NelNet Student Loan, so this new error is most likely connected to that issue. If you haven't already done so, I would recommend bookmarking this Community Alert to receive updates, when available.

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

• Phogramity
    Phogramity Member ✭✭
    Options

I am now recieving an FDP-155 error.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Phogramity, it looks like the issue with NelNet may be mapping to an FDP-155 error now, which indicates an indefinite or permanent block by the bank. In this case, hopefully the block is just while they work on the issue, but this is part of the same known issue we've been seeing:

We'll be sure to update the Alert accordingly as soon as we learn any news, so please be sure to follow along there for updates.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Phogramity
    Phogramity Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie, in the Nelnet updated linked below you state that we (customers) should reach out to Nelnet regarding the connection issue. What does Simplifi recommend we tell Nelnet if we call them to let them know about this issue? Do you have any standard or scripted language that would be helpful?

• jboyd0104
    Options

Just wondering when this is going to be fixed? It sounds like people were asking about it last fall. I was able to connect to Nelnet fine until last week.

We are unable to connect to NelNet Student Loan at this time.
    Care Code: FDP-155

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hey everyone, please refer to our Alert for NelNet Student Loan for updates on the known issue:

@Phogramity, I would just let them know what's going on and ask if they have any additional insight. You may need to be transferred to their online banking department.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Cait
    Cait Member
    edited February 26
    Options

My student loan servicers have different errors when I try to add the accounts. 🥲

[edited image to reduce size]

• Coach Kristina
    Options

Hello @Cait,

I merged your post with the existing discussion on this issue. Please bookmark this Community Alert to get updates, when available, and know when the issue is resolved.

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

• bbmoney
    bbmoney Member
    Options

I’m assuming this is related to nelnet merging with the studentaid.gov domain? Is there anything that can be done on Simplifis end to reconnect or does that all have to be from the provider? If the backend hasn’t changed much/at all and only the URL hoping it’s an easy solution.

• Sample5175
    Sample5175 Member
    Options

Agree with bbmoney - perhaps the url changes are related to the FDP errors.

Nelnet.com has changed the domain based on loan account type.

Per https://nelnet.com on 3/17/2024…

Accounts beginning with E login at https://nelnet.studentaid.gov/welcome

Accounts beginning with D and J login at https://sloanservicing.com/welcome

• Phogramity
    Phogramity Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Kristina, are updates to the URL pending? I dont see the new studentaid.gov URL available in the simplifi portal.

• cristoslc
    Options

Is there a way to do a batch upload of activity into Simplifi, like from a CSV? I'm not hopeful that Nelnet is going to fix this anytime soon.

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    edited March 21
    Options

Hello @cristoslc,

Thanks for reaching out! Yes, you can import transactions into Quicken SImplifi using a CSV file. Here are instructions on how to do this: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4413430-how-to-manually-import-transactions

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• sdmoore59
    sdmoore59 Member
    edited March 22
    Options

When will the users of Simplifi get an clear answer from Quicken that explains why there are so many online banking connection problems with so many institutions? What is/are the source(s) of these problems? Who needs to make changes to fix these problems; the financial institutions, Quicken, or both? Why is it taking so long?

Connections to online banking is an essential component of the purpose and value of using of Simplifi. Therefore, Quicken should do a much better job of keeping its customers updated on the status of this situation and when it will be fixed.

#FormerSoftwareSupportManager

• Phogramity
    Phogramity Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Kristina or @Coach Natalie, is anyone going to answer my quesiton above re: the new URL for Nelnet? The recommendation for customers to call Nelnet ourselves while Quicken is offering no information about the work you should be doing to update the URL seems a bit lazy.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Phogramity, unfortunately, we don't have any further information to provide here in the Community regarding the URL or anything else regarding this known issue aside from what's in the Alert. The Alert for this issue was updated and resolved today, and NelNet has been added to our Banks Blocking list.

Sorry for not having a better answer, but I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• Jacob Demian
    Jacob Demian Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie @Coach Kristina Could you please poke the development team again and urge them to resolve this issue with Nelnet? I (and I'm sure everyone else in this thread) would really appreciate expediting this problem as much as possible. I'm aware that it is likely not the fault of Quicken, but Nelnet has no reason to fix it without pressure from your team.

Keeping track of student loan balances is a massive part of managing finances these days and not having my student loan information in my finance management app just makes the app significantly less useful. The whole point of Simplifi is that it's a convenient all-in-one place to view and manage finances. Any link in the chain that is broken is felt tenfold because the app is no longer "all-in-one". Please continue to urge the dev team to reach out to Nelnet regarding the "Care Code: FDP-155" error so that we can all get back to managing our student loan information.

Thanks!

• tane
    tane Member
    Options

Bruh has this really been broken all year?? I should've done the free trial first 😪😕

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.