New bank account showing access by unknown device...

Options

I just changed banks and put the info needed into Simplifi so account balances could be updated. As I was looking at the banks online site I noticed the list of devices accessing my account. It shows a windows device with chrome, it showed a smartphone, and both of those would be my devices. It also showed a number of times a MAC using firefox. I don't own a mac and I don't use firefox so I am concerned. Would this be simplifi when they access the balance? AND IF SO…does this mean they can access my account fully as I have other banks linked and I would not anyone getting into those. ANY INSIGHT ON THIS?

Tagged:

Comments

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 15
    Options

I don't have any inside insight into this, but it seems very unlikely that QS is aggregating data via Mac and/or Firefox. This is a volume business, and neither of those platforms seems particularly well-suited for the data center needed to handle all users transactions.

Plus, my understanding is that Intuit is the data aggregator, not Q-Simplifi.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 15
    Options

For banks that show access by third party apps, I usually see Quicken listed as the third party accessing the app. Below is an example for Wells Fargo.

I go to Welcome - my name, then to Manage Access>Manage Connected Apps. The connection for Simplifi shows as Quicken for me. I am getting an error uploading screenshots now.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• RockLee
    RockLee Member ✭✭✭
    Options

What bank? Do you know if you used OAuth to create a connection from Simplifi to your bank? If the Mac/Firefox connection doesn't make sense then change your bank password.

This discussion has been closed.