Repeated and duplicated new recurring prompts (edited)

Options
Wedo778
Wedo778 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited March 15 in Report a Bug

I'm not sure if this is one bug or two separate ones, but when I got the updated bill payments options where you can select the exact dates two things started happening.

1. I keep getting a notice at the top, both on the web and in the app, for the same item saying Simplifi found a new recurring item and asking me to confirm. Its always the exact same item, a credit card payment from Jan 31st. The payment transaction is already linked to an existing recurring item. Clicking the X makes it go away, until I open Simplifi again where it "finds" this potential recurring item again. Clicking the checkmark creates a duplicate recurring item for my CC payment. And also still results in Simplifi "finding" it again the next time I open it and asking me to confirm. So no matter what option I choose it just continues to prompt me again every time I use Simplifi.
  2. I wanted to try out the new recurring item options, because my paycheck was always set to the wrong dates. I get paid twice a month on the 15th or 30th (or last business day before, which the system still doesnt handle well) but the recurring items were always randomly at dates close to but not exactly on those days. So I edited the existing recurring item and chose my specific dates. Seemed like a great update. But now it has duplicated my paycheck recurring item, even though I only edited the existing one and not added a new one. But the strangest part, it is only duplicated in some places and not all.
    1. On Bills and Payments on the Overview tab it correctly shows one for today and one at the end of the month
    2. On the Cash Flow tab, it shows the proper two for today and the end of the month for February but starts duplicating my paychecks in March so my projected cashflow is borked
    3. On the All Recurring it lists two entries, one starting today and one starting Feb 28th. Both at twice a month. So not only did it get duplicated by editing the existing one, but it somehow processes the duplication differently depending on which tab you are on. I havent edited or deleted the duplication yet because I wanted to wait until today's paycheck as processed and linked.

Tagged:

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 15
    Options

Sounds like two separate bugs. I am got bug 1 with a transfer payment to a PNC credit card that got detected several times by Simplifi. The payment was already linked to a recurring transfer series. After telling Simplifi to not count the payment as recurring 5 or so times, the behavior stopped.

Update: A redundant credit card payment series was created, which I deleted. The prompt to create another recurring payment has not reappeared.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I also experience issue #1. In Dec and Jan I accelerated some credit card payments every two weeks. I stopped doing this in the middle of Jan but as late as this morning when I log into the web app I get a notification about a new recurring transaction found for every two weeks for the amount I was paying to the CC.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• idlehand
    idlehand Member
    Options

Im glad im not the only one having the same issue as #1.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I got the recurring payment prompt again today in the mobile app and the web app (2-3 times) for the same credit card payment that was linked to a recurring series already. The payment date was Feb 1.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

For anyone experiencing an issue with persistent "Is this a recurring item" prompts, please see our existing topic here:

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Wedo778, did you get item #2 figured out? If not, let us know so we can assist you with that one. Alternatively, you can contact our Support Team directly for more advanced assistance and troubleshooting for that issue, as they should be able to get things squared away for you on that.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Wedo778
    Wedo778 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

To the extent it can be figured out, yes. After my paycheck cleared yesterday I deleted the duplicate recurring series that had been created. Which also had weirdness.

I deleted one that had "12th and second to last day" as the recurring dates, assuming this was a duplicate. When I had originally edited I set "15th and 30th". But then the remaining one was also set to 12th and second to last day. I edited that again to 15th and 30th and it seemed to stick, and has no additional duplicate created.

However it then also ran into my old issue when I first joined where no matter what I do it won't recognize my next paycheck exists. It keeps saying my next is March 15th instead if Feb 29th.

I assume this is somehow related to me setting up the series after the 15th (did it this morning). So I had to create a one time item for my Feb 29th paycheck to make my cashflow projections and spending plan accurate.

So in summary, that old issue still exists. But I cannot recreate the duplicate series issue. I think there is nothing new here to report as a result.

This discussion has been closed.