Can't make batch edits to existing transactions in a recurring series

Options
Juni
Juni Member
edited March 15 in Troubleshooting

I'm trying to update all of the transactions in an existing recurring series to include a new tag and to be included in reports (previously excluded). However, whenever I edit the series itself (not the individual transaction), the changes don't apply — I have to go back into each individual transaction and manually update it.

This is super frustrating and feels buggy.

Tagged:

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Editing the series ONLY applies to (to my knowledge) future entered instances, as is how it should be.

For example, if i change the dollar amount, i may have already logged transactions with the existing dollar amount, and not want those changed. Take for example, my income transaction, where the income tends to change once a year - I don't necessarily want last year's income transactions to reflect this year's amount.

-Rob

Rob Wilkens

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Juni I think you can do what you want on historical transactions via the Transactions Page.

on that page click on the Filter button and choose whatever filter makes sense to you.

From there, check the Select All checkbox on the upper left (or one at a time if there are some you want to exclude), and then click the Pencil icon in the upper right.

Click Tags in the Edit Multiple Transactions dialog, and add a tag (or create a new one) and click Apply.

Voila! You new tag is added to all selected transactions, without deleting old tags.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you want to "update all of the transactions in an existing recurring series" and the transactions are already assigned to the series, you can try filtering the transaction list as @ajbopp suggested and using the Advanced>Bills & Subscriptions

The filtered results will include all recurring bills and subscriptions (not transfers or income)

Then, apply the tags as @ajbopp outlined above.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

This discussion has been closed.