Simple only importing part of CSV file

Options
HudsonGuy
HudsonGuy Member
edited March 15 in Troubleshooting

I'm migrating from Mint and created a CSV of all transactions for a particular credit card account, going back to 2017. Simplifi says it imported all 1,079 transactions (same number as shown in Mint and in the CSV). But I can't see any in Simplifi before 2020. Any idea what's going on? Is there a Simplifi setting as to how much data it will show? Thanks.

Answer found: There is a little invisible gear symbol under Transactions Activity on any transactions register page. You can click to set the year for how far back it goes. First I had to find it by mousing over it and then I had to refresh my browser to get it to work.

Tagged:

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That was added because including large amounts of data caused slowdowns.

Rob Wilkens

• HudsonGuy
    Options

Unfortunately the problem is not solved. A little while ago I imported a CSV file from mint containing about 3,000 credit card transactions from a single account. Simpifi claims to have imported all of them but the entire segment from 2023 is missing. In fact almost every account I imported has been a colossal struggle. Sometimes I've had to delete and recreate SimpliFi accounts. Sometimes I import two or three more times and it might work. Occasionally closing down my browser and reopening (after clearing memory etc) seems to have helped. I've spend nearly an entire day wrestling with this thing. If anybody has any guidance I'd really appreciate it. Thx. PS—General mood not improved by the difficulties getting some of the banks/providers to connect.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 17
    Options

Some users had taken advantage of a consultation with a Coach to import data from Mint. Ask for a consultation via the help chat on the web or mobile app. Someone may help.

Also, there was a bug this week with the CSV imports that was resolved today mostly.

Data imports are time consuming. I imported nearly 11,000 transactions from Mint (2014-2023) and took about 10 hours over two days. I managed to get totals for income, expenses, expense category groups (example utilities), and tags I wanted to use match Mint to the penny by year. The matching of totals included adding some missing transactions manually.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

This discussion has been closed.