Quicken Simplifi chrome extensions

Options
bfng3569
bfng3569 Member
edited April 11 in Troubleshooting

Just signed up for Simplifi coming from mint.

Simplifi has a chrome extension (beta) to download all files into one JSON file to upload to simpli.

Every time i try to create the mint export it gets to Investments and fails.

Really not looking forward to downloading each account individually.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@bfng3569, thanks for reaching out!

It is my understanding that the Import Extension should import everything all at once. With that, I'd suggest contacting our Support Team directly for more advanced assistance and troubleshooting, as they have the ability to engage in a screen-sharing session with you and can walk you through the process to determine where the problem lies.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

Feel free to report back with your findings in case it helps other users!

-Coach Natalie

• ansoneee
    ansoneee Member
    Options

where does the file get downloaded to?!?!

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @ansoneee,

Thank you for reaching out. To better assist, could you let us know what file you were inquiring about & where you are downloading from?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• billywood
    Options

I have spent way too many hours trying to transfer from Mint to Simplifi. I was delighted to find the (new?) chrome extension "Transfer Mint to Simplifi." I signed in to Mint, downloaded the .json file, then the instructions stop at downloading the file. How do you get Simplifi to import the json file?

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @billywood,

Thanks for reaching out! You can simply drag & drop your JSON file into the Import from Mint window or click BROWSE on the same window and select your JSON file. To get to that screen, just click (+)Add in the top left of the web application & in the Add Account window that pops up be sure to click Import From Mint. I hope this information helps!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Leeh2u
    Leeh2u Member
    Options

Nothing happens after I place the JSON file in the import box. I've tried dragging/dropping and browsing to the file. Should the import start automatically?

• Jbelsky
    Jbelsky Member
    edited March 10
    Options

Yeah, there's no box to upload or drop a file on the Direct Import (Chrome) tab. There's one on the File Import (Mint CSV) tab, but you can only upload a .csv file to that one. The first tab has no upload box.

• CAkid
    CAkid Member
    Options

Jbelsky, be sure to open the Export Mint extension on the same web page where your Mint account is opened.

Leeh2u, I am experiencing the same problem, the JSON file was created, placed in the import box, and nothing happens.

• Jbelsky
    Jbelsky Member
    Options

When I use the chrome JSON mint export feature, I get prompted to download the JSON file when the export is complete. There's no option to upload it anywhere.

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @Jbelsky,

Thanks for letting us know! I would suggest reaching out to Quicken Simplifi support directly so they can assist you with advanced troubleshooting via screenshare. https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

Thanks,

Coach Jon

This discussion has been closed.