Projected Cash Flow: One line that represents all selected accounts (edited)

Options
UrsulaA
UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
edited February 20 in Feature Requests

The feature request is to provide a total account line in the cash flow chart. A chart that looks like the one below, adding all the accounts selected by the user or all the existing accounts.

Also, to have the ability to aggregate accounts by account type (example cash or credit cards)

Show one aggregated line for ALL available cash and one aggregated line for all credit cards. Thanks @pltc for the suggestion.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

14 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 20
    Options

FYI the above graphic is taken from Empower’s (formerly Personal Capital) dashboard. I do not see Empower’s dashboard and associated tools as a competitor to Quicken Simplifi since Empower’s focus is investment planning and management leading into and beyond retirement.

I’m glad to see this idea revived and brought forward as I believe this would be an excellent addition to one of the key strengths of Quicken Simplifi - Cashflow projections.

Also I believe this feature would mesh perfectly with Quicken Simplifi’s underlying aggregation methodology.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I upvoted this, but I suspect if it was implemented it would depress me 😁

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am glad to use the graphic you posted on another thread to illustrate this idea. The feature will make the cash flow chart great.

Minter 2014-2023

• Jseagull
    Jseagull Member
    Options

Because I use overdraft protection for my bank checking and savings accounts, I would like to have cash flow tracking at the level that includes the sum of both those accounts. In Simplifi, I have both those accounts under my Cash & Checking category. This would enable me to get alerts that project a low balance only if both of those account values combined were projected to be lower than the expenses projected for those combined accounts.

Is this what you want to (or could) achieve with your feature recommendation described in this discussion?

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, that is one of my use cases. I have savings, checking, and cash and will like to see one line of them together to see how the values related versus the credit card balances, which could be added up together with the three accounts listed (savings, checking, and cash) in the projected line.

Minter 2014-2023

• Jseagull
    Jseagull Member
    edited March 22
    Options

If your investments (not including cash, checking and savings) and non credit card debts are not included, it seems that your requirement would be the Net Worth calculation

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 22
    Options

Not really, the projected cash flow is more for cash/checking/savings and credit cards. I want to see how the balances change with future bills, income, and subscriptions applied. Net worth only provides historical data through today.

I like using the projected cash flow with my checking, savings, and cash accounts individually. It will be nice to see a projection for all of these in one line.

Minter 2014-2023

• Jseagull
    Jseagull Member
    Options

That would work for me too. Let's see if they can add that function.

• bling
    bling Member
    Options

+1 from me too.

i'd have to imagine most people have at least two cash accounts, one for checkings, another for savings. if the projected cashflow of my checkings account is to be believed i'd be able to retire in a year but that's clearly not true because i drain all of my checkings funds on pay day to go to bills, credit cards, savings, etc.

• jtb36
    jtb36 Member
    Options

I would like to be able to see the total monthly planned income and expenses by account. In this case, I have multiple bank accounts with automated deposits and recurring transactions. Utilizing the cash flow projections I can see any specific point in time for an individual account to ensure that there is always a positive trajectory, but being able to see a future monthly breakdown of planned transactions would be incredibly beneficial.