Ability to customize the Projected Cash Flow Graph (edited)

Wayne1500
Wayne1500 Member
edited December 2021 in Feature Requests
Coming from Pocketsmith, the cash flow graph is essential for me. I would love it if the graph were customizable. What I am looking for is the ability to group accounts into 1 or more lines for forecasting, not just each individual lines. I use my rewards credit cards to pay for most items then fully pay off my credit cards with my checking account later in the month. I would like to combine those accounts (cards + checking) into 1 forecast to see the bigger picture. 
5 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @Wayne1500,

Thanks for posting your suggestion to the Community!

From your description, it sounds like Simplifi may already offer what you're looking for -- if you navigate to the Upcoming section on the Web App, and then select the Cash Flow tab at the top, you'll see a Projected Cash Flow Chart that can be customized to specific accounts. More info on this can be found here

Does this work for what you're looking for? :smiley:

-Coach Natalie
  • miker
    miker Member
    Would love to have at least a 12 month cash flow option.  I hope this is available, this is truly used in quicken thanks. 
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @miker,

Thank you for posting your feedback to the Community!

We do have an existing Idea post requesting that the Projected Cash Flow Chart/Projected Balance be increased to 12 months that would be great to have your vote on. :smiley:

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/64/increase-projected-balance-to-show-12-months-on-projected-cash-flow-chart-edited/p1?new=1

@Wayne1500 Please let me know if the Projected Cash Flow tab in the Upcoming section does not meet your needs, otherwise, I am looking to mark this Idea as 'Already Offered'. :blush:

-Coach Natalie
  • bc34
    bc34 Member
    edited June 2021
    I would like to see this as well. The cash flow graph should essentially represent a pool of balances from the selected accounts. If I could see the flow of my cash, checking, and credit accounts over time, in aggregate, I could better spot trends in my spending habits. Individual lines representing each account lose insights in too much detail.

Along this same thread, if you have a lot of accounts, having all of them selected on page load causes performance issues. Maybe it would be better to save the accounts previously selected? or saved views?
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @bc34,

Thanks for posting your feedback to the Community!

In regards to having your previous account selections saved on the Cash Flow graph in the Upcoming section, I would suggest adding your vote and comments here: https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/1554/have-the-cash-flow-forecast-in-the-upcoming-section-remember-filters-edited :smiley:

-Coach Natalie