Fidelity Traditional IRA account fails to add

Options
preethamam
preethamam Member

Hello Quicken:

I have brokerage and Traditional IRA accounts with Fidelity. I can add the brokerage accounts. However, I cannot add the Traditional IRA account. I can check the Traditional IRA account, but it never gets added.

Comments

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @preethamam,

To clarify, when you say you can check the Traditional IRA account, do you mean you see it on Fidelity's website when going through the authorization process, but there is no option to add it in Quicken Simplifi? If not, could you please provide more detail what is happening when you try to add the account? Do you use the same URL (web address) when logging into Fidelity to view your accounts? If not, what URL do you use to access the Traditional IRA?

I look forward to your response!

-Coach Kristina

• QuintenJ
    QuintenJ Member
    edited February 21
    Options

I believe I am having the same issue with Fidelity as well. I can add my Roth IRA but my individual brokerage account doesn't get added.

I as well see both accounts in the authorization screen and check both boxes to add both to Simplifi but only the Roth IRA comes through. To troubleshoot I tried only checking the individual brokerage account only to see if that would add it. It gave me an error.

"we are unable to connect to fidelity inv & retirement at this time. care code: fdp-101"

It sounds like we are having the same problem with the same institution.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@QuintenJ, thanks for posting on this topic!

To better understand the issue, please provide the following details:

1. Has there been any activity in the account in the last 90 days?
    2. Is the account considered an external account (i.e. are you redirected to a different website when selecting the account on the bank's website)? If so, what URL are you redirected to?
    3. Is the account a subtype of a different account?
    4. Has the bank made any recent changes to its website or sign-in process?

We look forward to your reply!

-Coach Natalie

• QuintenJ
    Options

I apologize for the false alarm. It looks like it may have been just a temporary issue?

I tried again this morning and was able to successfully add both accounts. Everything is working great on my end now 👍

• preethamam
    preethamam Member
    Options

@Coach Kristina, I tried again a few minutes ago, and I was able to add the Traditional IRA account.

This discussion has been closed.