Planned Spending funds release

Options
UrsulaA
UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭

Other than getting the ongoing notification to resolve spending plan items, does not releasing planned spending funds affect any other functionality in the app (examples getting an achievement prompt payer badge, reports, etc.)? I will like to keep the planned spending section "unresolved" so I can see a comparison between what I thought I will spend versus what I actually spent.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

Best Answer

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Are you looking to do this as a "historical" record?

As far as affecting other functionality, I'm thinking it wouldn't have any affect since the prompt payer badge is based on bills and subscriptions and doesn't take into account Planned Spending and, again I'm thinking, this wouldn't affect repots since reports are based on actuals no matter what the Planned Spending original planned amount was.

Perhaps this could be a feature request to have a report that would track Planned Spending goals with actuals over time.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer

Answers

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the reply. I am fine with not releasing the funds and going back to prior months' spending plan to see if my suspicions - budget match up to reality.

Minter 2014-2023

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The feature request suggestion you mentioned already exists. "a feature request to have a report that would track Planned Spending goals with actuals over time."

I upvoted it.

Minter 2014-2023

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

After thinking about this item, the only number that will be affected by not releasing planned spending funds is the available to spend final number. Such number will reflect my planned spending estimate instead of what happened during the month.

I will review the actual versus estimate comparison for planned spending monthly thanks to the nice summary provided and release the planned spending items as needed after my review. That will keep the available to spend number accurate to the month's actual spending.

Minter 2014-2023

This discussion has been closed.