GM Financial stopped working a couple days ago

Options
ajbopp
ajbopp Member ✭✭✭✭

I hesitate to call this a bug since I have no way to verify where the issue originates from, but in the past couple of days GM Financial has not been texting me a passcode when using QS on web and mobile. They do text me a passcode when I log into their website directly.

I'm wondering if something is up with the request for passcode that QS is sending to GM Financial?

QS gives me a "FDP-185" error.

Anthony Bopp
Simplifi User Since July 2022
Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @ajbopp,

To clarify the issue, you are seeing the prompt for multi-factor authentication in Quicken Simplifi, but you are not actually receiving the code? If it gives you the option, have you tried receiving the code a different way?

I look forward to your reply!

-Coach Kristina

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, I see the prompt in QS but a code never gets sent from GM. There Are no other options given to receive the code.

Anthony Bopp

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

If you have checked the financial institution's website and ensured that the contact information for the multi-factor authentication is correct, then I would recommend contacting Quicken Simplifi Support directly for further assistance and escalation as appropriate.

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I reached out to support and Coach Antonio was very helpful and got the issue escalated.

Anthony Bopp

• EK033
    EK033 Member
    Options

Same issue here. Just started Simplifi and am trying to set up GM Financial. QS says it's sending an email MFA but never does. When logging directly into GM F, it works fine but sends a text MFA not email.

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @EK033,

Thanks for reaching out. I would suggest contacting support as @Coach Kristina mentioned previously. To help speed things up, make sure that you have done these steps that support would verify with you:

• Are the options presented correctly? (i.e., for SMS messages, does the last four of your phone number look correct?)
      • If you see the wrong options, sign into the bank's website to ensure accurate information.
    • After selecting your preferred method, how long have you waited to allow the code to come through? Does the code eventually come through but is now expired?
      • You should allow up to 5 minutes to receive the MFA code.
      • If you eventually receive the code, it may be an issue with the bank.
    • Is there an alternative method you can select to receive the code? If so, do you receive the code that way?
      • The outcome of this step is essential if an escalation is needed.
    • Do you experience this on both web and mobile? Do you receive the code through one and not the other?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Jon @EK033 This morning I tried resetting the GM Financial connection and it worked. My connection to GM is working as it should now.

Anthony Bopp

This discussion has been closed.