Issues with bulk un-excluding transactions

Options
System
System Administrator admin
edited February 29 in Report a Bug

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Ability to Bulk Un-Exclude Transactions from Reports and the Spending Plan (edited).

Tagged:

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 29
    Options

@Coach Natalie @Coach Jon - There is a bug, I was able to bulk un-exclude transactions following modified step 2. Step 1 involves selecting transactions with report and/on spending plan exclusions and opening the bulk edit dialog.

Step 2 (should work) - Click on Exclusion, leave spending plan and reports boxes blank, select apply

Bulk Inclusion/Un-exclusion only works now using modified step 2 - this should not be the case.

Modified step 2 - Check exclusion box, Check the boxes Spending Plan and Reports, uncheck the Spending Plan and Reports boxes, click apply.

Also, if the functionality is intended to un-exclude using modified step 2 above, please update the support docs.

Below are the steps I followed to un-exclude 2 transactions from spending plan and reports that were originally marked excluded for Pocketguard. These transactions are an expense and a refund occurring on a credit card.

Step 1 - Select both transactions and open bulk edit box

Step 2 - Click on Exclusion, leave boxes blank, select apply

Result - transactions are still excluded, not included in spending plan or reports

Modified step 2 - Check exclusion box, Check the boxes Spending Plan and Reports, then uncheck the Spending Plan and Reports boxes, click apply

Result - exclusions are cleared

Reports show Pocketguard

November 2023

December 2023 report

Spending plans show Pocketguard

Nov 2023

Spending plan Dec 2023

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks Coaches for filing the bug report. Hope solving this bug fulfills the un-exclude need users have for banking accounts at least.

Minter 2014-2023

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Be cautious (I didn't see a bug report) - they're sometimes known to decide, "The exceptional cases where it works like you expect it to is actually the bug, we'll fix it by making that not work." I think that's why they haven't closed the new idea post on this yet. This could be decided/fixed in either direction yet.

Rob Wilkens

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This discussion is the bug report, filed under report a bug. If the un-exclude feature works like I described on the comment, such should be made clear in support docs.

Let's see what Simplifi says, your point is taken. Caution is warranted.

Minter 2014-2023

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@UrsulaA, thanks for taking the time to figure this out!

I went ahead and got this confusing UI reported and will let you know when I hear back. Since it's unclear how to bulk un-exclude transactions with the current UI, we'll leave the Idea post separate and wait to see if the bug report resolves that matter. I think even just having the exclude boxes checked when opening the Bulk Edit window would make things a lot clearer.

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-19969

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Agree @Coach Natalie with "even just having the exclude boxes checked when opening the Bulk Edit window would make things a lot clearer." Hope the bug clears out.

Minter 2014-2023

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.