where to see online, current, and ending balance?

Options
sunflowermom
sunflowermom Member
edited April 1 in Troubleshooting

In Quicken Classic, I'm used to seeing these 3 numbers at the bottom of my register:

I only see one number for balance so far in Simplifi…but I may just not know where to look…is there a place to see these? The online balance is my biggest concern because it helps me know if my balance is matching.

¸..· ´¨¨)) -:|:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:|:-
-:|:- ((¸¸.·´*

Tina

Quicken Classic user since 2006.
Quicken Simplifi User since March 2024.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Balance is always based on online balance, factoring in only pending/manual transactions. Cleared transactions do not affect your balance here.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

@sunflowermom, our support article here goes over balances in Quicken Simplifi: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4202003-how-to-resolve-balance-discrepancies

We also have an Idea post you may be interested in checking out and voting on:

Let us know if you have any questions!

-Coach Natalie

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @sunflowermom

This is another instance where Quicken Simplifi is different from Quicken Classic.

In QC you have a "live" bank registry that functions much like an analogue check book registry - that is, you can make entries in the register that will immediately impact the running balance.

QS uses a "static" registry that reflects the data downloaded from your bank and reports your most currently downloaded bank data. Some banks include pending transactions in their data and some banks don't and QS has a mechanism to handle this difference - see article linked in @Coach Natalie 's response above. You can manually enter transactions with today's date or a future date as a pending transaction and affect your bank balance, but you are still not going to get the information you had in QC because of the difference in the way each app is designed to work.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
This discussion has been closed.