Deleted Planned Spending Reappears (edited)

RockLee
RockLee Member ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2 in Troubleshooting

For the last few month I would delete all of my Planned Spending only to have them re-appear on the beginning of the month with duplicates. And again this month:

MacOS, Safari and Chrome browsers

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭

Your screenshot shows series icons - example shopping tile, stuff has a recurring series icon with arrows. Have you tried deleting the planned spending series instead of this month's expense? To delete the series, you need to select edit series.

Once you select edit series, then you can select the delete button, which will delete the planned spending series avoiding regeneration on future months.

Delete this month's expense will only delete the planned spending item for the month you are in. Then, the series will generate a new planned spending tile for the month.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• RockLee
    RockLee Member ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the response… I don't use Spending Plan so I'm not that familiar and didn't realize that "Planned Spending" worked like recurring series. Does it make sense to have multiple "Planned spending series" with the same category and amount, Like Food above? And before the 1st of the month the Planned Spending page was empty and I would not have been able to edit the series, unless there is another way to access them.

After I deleted everything as you suggested above, I tried to Add a category Food monthly series again for testing.. and I get the following warning: "A sub-category of this category is tracked in future months". I'm not sure what it means tracked? I'm not sure where else a sub-category of food is referenced. Like I said, I really don't use Spending Plan, but I must be missing something :(

• RockLee
    RockLee Member ✭✭✭✭

Ahh, maybe I needed to go a month into the future to see the series… I'll know April 1st if this worked, Ironically!

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for sharing your progress. Go forward to all the months, up to 12, and delete the unnecessary series in the spending plan.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

This discussion has been closed.