Manual Account Balance Issues

Options
jimmieholland1
jimmieholland1 Member
edited April 4 in Report a Bug

This issue is different than the one reported for investment accounts. What I did is I created an Other Banking manual account called Split. One thing I used to do in Mint was split large purchases over mutliple months. For example my wife might purchase a large amount of home supplies from a bulk store and I'd let half hit my budget one month and half hit the budget the next month. Simplifi doesn't allow me to split one purchase across multiple months. My work around is to create a credit on one month and an equal debit or debits in future months. The future balance of the account should always be $0 but the current balance would be the value of those future transactions because they haven't deducted yet.

The issue is when the future transactions become current trasactions (they move from projected cash flow to transaction activity) they don't fall off the current balance. I'll attach screen shots below. You can see the total balance of all the transactions that hit on 3/1 is the same as the future amount of the account. The future amount should be $0 and the current amount should be $339.39.

I'm also attaching a list of all transactions in the account. You'll see a balance adjustment transaction of 131.78. That's to fix this glitch from the Feb transactions. If you delete it the sum total of all transactions is $339.39.

Tagged:

Comments

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It looks/sounds like you are creating a virtual credit card scenario. If you want to spread a current expense over future pay down or pay off dates, why not simply use one of your credit cards which already allow you to defer payment’s into the future?

Quicken Simplifi is designed to help the user keep this months spending in alignment with this month’s income.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • jimmieholland1
    jimmieholland1 Member
    Options

To many variables to try and pay it later. I just pay it off but let the expenses hit when I want. Sometimes it can feel a little squirly but it works for me. So far it's the only thing I've found that was better in Mint. I wish I had changed sooner.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@jimmieholland1, thanks for posting to the Community!

Unfortunately, after reading through your description and reviewing your screenshots, I'm not getting a clear picture of what's going on or what you'd expect to see. At this time, I'd suggest contacting our Support Team directly for more advanced assistance, as they have the ability to engage in a screen-sharing session with you so you can walk them through everything. Since it sounds like you're using a workaround, they may be able to identify a better method to accomplish your goal.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

Please let us know how it goes in case it helps other users!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.