Wrong balance and pending transactions total for U.S. Bank. account

Options
seitz
seitz Member

For a few weeks, the Simplifi web site has been reporting an incorrect balance and an incorrect Pending total for one of my U.S. Bank accounts. Is anyone else seeing a similar issue?

In my case, U.S. Bank is reporting a balance and says I have no pending transactions. When I go to Transactions on the Simplifi web site and select the account, the transaction list also shows no pending transactions.

But the balance shown in the upper right corner is incorrect. If I click the "i" to display the amount of pending transactions, it displays a non-zero value, representing the difference between the Simplifi balance and the balance the U.S. Bank web site reports.

For example, here's what I see today:
Simplifi: 26,104.46, Pending 11,589.17 (but no Transactions listed as Pending)
U.S. Bank: 14,515.29, Pending 0.00

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @seitz,

Thanks for reaching out! I would suggest that you establish a fresh connection with the bank by following the steps below:

1. Make all of the accounts with this bank manual by following the steps here.
    2. Once you see the account(s) listed in the Manual Accounts section under Settings > Accounts, go back through the Add Account flow to reconnect to the bank.
    3. Carefully link the account(s) found to your existing Quicken Simplifi account(s) by following the steps here.

Let us know how that goes!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• seitz
    seitz Member
    Options

Thanks for responding so quickly. I followed all 3 steps you listed. Unfortunately, I still see the same result, Simplifi is reporting the wrong balance and the wrong Pending total but no Pending transactions.

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@seitz

The account balance would be correct if the pending amount was cleared. Have you tried changing your Pending Settings?

If you are set to Bank Balance (default) try changing it to Balance with Pending or if it's set to Balance with Pending try changing it to Bank Balance (default).

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @seitz,

I would have you try these steps in this article next to see if this helps. Both Links below should be referenced to help identify the problem.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

This discussion has been closed.