Link to existing bill or subscription should add category/tags from the recurring expense

Options
Franklin_Dank
Franklin_Dank Member
edited April 4 in Troubleshooting

When linking a transaction to an existing bill or subscription, it would be nice if the transaction also updated it's category and tags to match that of the recurring expense.

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In the case of a Credit Card Payment for a particular service, where the category might be CREDITACCT1 (a linked transfer to said account), sometimes I make the charge to a different account, so the account(Category) might be CREDITACCT2 in the existing transaction, and i don't necessarily want that replaced with the saved account.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Franklin_Dank, thanks for posting your suggestion to the Community!

I went ahead and moved this out of Feature Requests, as this should already work in Quicken Simplifi, so I wanted to do some troubleshooting. Although I'm not sure about Tags being applied specifically, our support article here states: "Once linked, Quicken Simplifi will remove the Recurring Reminder from the Upcoming view and match it to the downloaded transaction. The Payee and Category of the transaction will also be updated to match the details of the Reminder."

So, the Payee and Category should at least be updated to match the Recurring Series once linked — are you not seeing this?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.