Guessing a Leap Year bug?

Options
ajbopp
ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
edited April 3 in Report a Bug

This morning I entered a couple of manual transactions on the web app, and the date for the transaction defaulted to yesterday rather than today. I'm guessing there's a leap year thing buzzing around in the software.

Anthony Bopp
Simplifi User Since July 2022
Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @ajbopp,

To help troubleshoot this issue, could you please provide more details? Did this happen when adding manual transactions to a connected account or a manual account? What type of account is it (checking, savings, credit, investment, etc)? Is this happening in more than one account? Which browser are you using? Do you see the same issue when using a different browser? Are you seeing this only in the web app, or is it also happening in the mobile app?

I look forward to your reply!

-Coach Kristina

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

It happened before I selected an account to attach it to. I use DuckDuckGo. I have not tried with different browsers or the mobile app.

Note that this cannot be a browser issue. In this case the browser is displaying what the app tells it to.

Anthony Bopp

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm trying to replicate the issue in my Quicken Simplifi and not having any luck. I've tried adding directly to both manual and connected accounts, as well as tried adding from the all transactions screen, and in every case, the date defaulted to 3 March. Could you provide more details what process (or processes) you are using when adding a manual transaction?

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@ajbopp It "could" be a browser issue (not saying it is), the code probably has some javascript in it, which is run within the browser on your computer, and that could retrieve certain things locally (like maybe the date).

Rob Wilkens

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The issue isnot evident any more, and probably won't be for another 4 years.

Anthony Bopp

This discussion has been closed.