Transfer Series Exclusion Discrepancy

Options
suL33T
suL33T Member
edited April 4 in Report a Bug

Hi Support,

I've run into this repeatedly and the only way to work around it is to delete the series and re-create it:

A repeating transfer transaction is created and the exclusion box for "Spending Plan: Money In" is selected, nothing else. The series is created and working as expected.

Go back into the series to edit it > check Reports: Money In > Update. The series is not updated as expected. It will show that the series is excluded from Spending Plan and Reports: Money In, but if you look through future transactions for the series, it will still only have the Spending Plan: Money In box checked rather than the expected behavior which is to have both Spending Splan and Reports: Money In boxes checked.

Will someone please verify if this is something that is an overall issue or is it just me?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

For transfers, from recent memory, transfers are never in reports. It probably doesn't matter whether it is checked or not.

Rob Wilkens

Answers

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, I believe I am seeing the same thing

in this case, I would expect to see two icons in the transfers section. The Reports icon is missing.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• suL33T
    suL33T Member
    Options

It tends to mess up the reported summary posted in the overview tab of bills & payments if not checked. For my case, I’m transferring money to another account and I don’t want it to count as income which it will unless that box is checked.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@suL33T, thanks for posting to the Community!

I believe when we've seen this pop up before, deleting and recreating the Recurring Series fixes things right up. You stated that as well in your original post — is this no longer the case?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• suL33T
    suL33T Member
    Options

Hi Coach Natalie, that fixed it. I just wanted to report the bug as it's an ongoing issue.

This discussion has been closed.