All account transaction uncategorized

Options
vhegde
vhegde Member
edited April 3 in Categories and Tags

Hi,

I’m new to Simplifi. I added all my credit card accounts. But all the transactions are showing as uncategorized. If I go to Settings - Categories, I don’t see any categories. Is this the expected behavior? Doesn’t quicken assign default categories to transactions?

Tagged:

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think it will learn categorization as you associate payees with categories, but by default, things are uncategorized until you assign things. You can create your own categories or delete existing ones, so it knows nothing about the categories.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @vhegde,

To answer your question, Quicken Simplifi does use a combination of crowdsourcing, nearby payees, and simple logic to attempt to automatically categorize your downloaded transactions. That said, depending on how that information comes in from the financial institution, Quicken Simplifi can't always make a reasonable guess, in which case it'll leave it uncategorized. For information on recategorizing your transactions, click this link.

It may also be helpful to create transaction rules. For information about creating rules, click this link.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Kristina

• vhegde
    vhegde Member
    Options
This discussion has been closed.