Savings Report by Account Breakdown: Linked Account Balances show $object object

Options
UrsulaA
UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
edited April 5 in Report a Bug

I want to view the balances of all my cash accounts over time in one place without having to select them each time on the net worth report. To work around not having saved filters, I designated all my cash accounts as savings accounts.

Results: All accounts show in the Savings report as expected and the transaction lists work.

The good news is that the imported balance history displays correctly for the manual accounts. I imported history starting from September 1, 2014 to November 30, 2021 for the accounts shown below.

However, when I run a savings report with an over time view broken down by account, I have the following issue: Connected accounts show $object object on tool tip when browsing to see account balance breakdown. Total balance is correct on the chart.

Examples

Manual account shows balance and total correctly – example cash

Connected account with a filter shows $object object on tool tip, balance is correct

When viewing multiple accounts with balances, the tool tip does not show balances for connected accounts correctly. The checking account below shows $object object. The total balance is correct for all accounts.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

Tagged:

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The issue above is for the web app. The mobile app does not have a tool tip for balances.

Minter 2014-2023

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @UrsulaA,

I tried reproducing the issue on my side but was unable to. My tooltip is fine and working as intended. This may be data file-specific in this case. Did you just notice this issue, or have you been tracking it for a while now?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 4
    Options

I just made the change to track savings accounts yesterday. Balances are fine on the net worth report but not on the savings report by account tool tip. However, the net worth report does not break accounts down in the chart.

The issue only happens when you have the breakdown by account on and have multiple accounts under savings reports.

Minter 2014-2023

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @UrsulaA,

Thanks for the information! Have you noticed anything specific that may be causing this issue for your particular case, or are there any other culprits you've managed to narrow down? Additionally, you can try disconnecting one of the connected accounts from the bank (to be reconnected when testing is completed) to see if the issue is still present for that account in the report. This can help confirm the manual vs. connected issue.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I connected and disconnected Wells Fargo, a checking account, and the result is the same when I have the by account breakdown active.

However, when I go to Wells Fargo individually filtered and have breakdown = none on the savings report, the balance is there.

Savings report - No breakdown, tool tip correct with balance

With by account breakdown - total balance correct, tool tip error

Minter 2014-2023

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

We tried to replicate this issue, but weren't able to get it to break the same way you're seeing. That leads me to believe this is either something specific to your dataset or possibly specific to imports from Mint. I recommend reaching out to Quicken Simplifi Support directly for further assistance with this issue since they have access to tools we on the Community cannot access, and they would be better able to help track down what is causing this issue and escalate as needed. Please click this link for support's contact information.

Thank you.

-Coach Kristina

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Jon @Coach Kristina - thanks for your help. I will contact support for this. It is a low priority bug for me.

Minter 2014-2023

This discussion has been closed.