Multi factor authentication code is asked everytime

Options
preethamam
preethamam Member

Hello Quicken:

When I use app.simplifimoney.com now and then to check the current standings of my account(s), MyBankingDirect (https://www.mynycb.com/) asks multi factor authentication (MFA) code everytime. It seems the bank has the MFA by default and I do not have an option to turn off. Is there a way to work around these pesky MFA requests everytime I use app.simplifimoney.com? Please note I haven't check this with iOS app yet.

Thanks,

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @preethamam,

It is the financial institution that determines whether additional authentication is needed and how often it is needed. While I understand it is frustrating, it is out of Quicken Simplifi's control. Click this link for more information.

Depending on the financial institution, you can sometimes reduce how often multi-factor authentication is needed by reviewing the security settings for your account(s) on the financial institution's website. Sometimes, selecting an option like "Remember me" can help. You may also want to check your browser security settings, since if they are blocking the cookies the financial institution uses to remember you, that can also result in prompts for additional authentication.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Kristina

• preethamam
    preethamam Member
    Options

Thank you @Coach Kristina! Hopefully I find some options to reduce the MFAs from the bank.

• preethamam
    preethamam Member
    Options

@Coach Kristina, when MFA code was asked, I don't get remember me option at all in the Simplifi window (both web browser and iOS). Please find the attached MFA window.

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @preethamam,

Thanks for the reply! The option @Coach Kristina mentioned before is generally going to be found on your bank's website in or near the login field. Remember that the MFA security settings are controlled by the Financial Institution, not Quicken Simplifi. I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

This discussion has been closed.