Release Available for Spending resets forward Spending Plan amounts back to some earlier values

Options
RoRo
RoRo Member
edited April 17 in Report a Bug

Hi there,

When I started using Simplifi I sketched in some rough budget amounts. For example, 'Babysitter & Daycare' at $200.

Overtime, I realized this needed to be a lot higher $530, amongth other updates to my Spending Plan. So of course I updated the series to be $530 moving forward continuously.

However, I kept noticing that the amounts for the upcoming months would occasionally reset back to the old values, ie. Babysitter & Daycare kept reverted to the unwanted original amount of $200 for all forward months. It became a fight of constantly checking and fixing it.

It turns out that this resetting happens whenever I use the 'Release Available for Spending' functionality when I'm tidying the spending plan up at the end of the month. As soon as I hit that, the amounts in all forward months reset to some historical original value. I'd love it if someone could take a look.

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @RoRo,

Thanks for reaching out. If you check your Spending Plan does the old series you mentioned still show there? Or Is it just showing the current series for $530 until the issue occurs? What may resolve the issue is deleting the series entirely and creating a new series to replace it.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• RoRo
    RoRo Member
    Options

Many apologies for the slow response - I’m new and wasn’t checking the notifications.

To answer your question: No I don’t see the old series at all… I just see the current series at $530 until the issue occurs.

And makes sense on the fix. Assuming it happens again when I tidy up at the end of March I’ll try deleting all the allocations in the plan and just remaking it from scratch.

This discussion has been closed.