Slowness in Bank Refreshes

Options
RobWilk
RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 4 in Feedback

I'm not complaining about the fact that the bank refreshes only happen (at best) every 4 hours, I accept and understand why that's the case.

However, in my case, with my mix of banks, this refresh can take over 2 minutes to complete.

I strongly suspect my connection to PenFed is the delay, because back when I added this account, there was a slow delay before it connected the accounts (other banks didn't take nearly as long). I am not GUARANTEEING that PenFed is the source of the delay, really I have no way of knowing.

Or is 2 minutes+ normal for a bank refresh when it happens?

Rob Wilkens

Tagged:

Comments

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you're really curious about this, you could go into your account settings and reset the connection. You will then get prompted to re-enter your credentials. QS will then reach out to that institution to get things going again and this should give you a good idea whether your suspicion is true.

of course, it will be doing other stuff in this case besides just downloading your transactions. If you really wanted to test just that part, you could enter incorrect credentials when resetting the connection. This will cause things to fail and I believe will cause the ! icon to appear in the Accounts List. You could then click that and manually enter your credentials (I think).

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

This discussion has been closed.