Category changes to past transactions when creating a Transaction Rule (edited)

Options
Silas
Silas Member
edited March 4 in Report a Bug

When I change the Category of an item in Transactions, and tell it to "set for existing transactions using different categories", it doesn't actually affect the others. So, I have to manually change it for each and every instance of that transaction through the Transactions list.

I saw an earlier post, where the "solution" was to "be sure to click on the save button", but there is not save button, only a Create button, and it only seems to save the one instance (despite the checkbox being selected). This is the "New category rule" dialog box.

I cannot be the only person experiencing this.

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Silas, thanks for bringing this to our attention!

We were able to reproduce this from our end and have gotten it escalated. We'll be sure to let you know when we receive an update on the escalation.

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-20004

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello to anyone experiencing this issue! We created an Alert for this that can now be followed for updates:

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks @Silas for reporting this. I noticed it over the weekend as well, thought I may have missed the box or something. Turns out it is a bug being worked on.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Surferdude
    Options

I am still experiencing this. Previous transactions do not update. Is this going to be fixed or is this just the way the software is?

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Surferdude,

It is a known issue that is being worked on. To track the status of this issue, please bookmark this Community Alert. If you don't see the bookmark icon, please make sure you're signed into the Community.

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

• Nerdy Beast
    Options

I too have the same issue. it looks like this was "noted" as a bug, and "escalated" back in March, and it's now April 6th. No progress as it's still broken. I also note that every time you do the category change, the "rule" is seemingly re-created even though it already exists.

Since I know it's a bug, and rule is there, I presume that new ones should be right, and I can fix old once it's fixed. I am just finally trying to get all caught up with Simplifi after fully bailing on Quicken Desktop because of the laggy buggy interface (even with a brand new data file). So I'm several months behind in categorizing transactions.

I feel there are other issues with Simplifi, but good to know this one is in the cycle…

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.