Dashboard and Top Spending Categories don't match

Options
Max1223
Max1223 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited April 5 in Troubleshooting

Hi,

On my Dashboard, the Top Spending Categories $ amounts do not match the results in the Reports.

Some categories DO match and only one is completely different. Auto and Transport show two completely different $ amounts. When I click Auto in the Dashboard, it opens the Auto Report and shows a different $ amount. The Dashboard and the Reports $ amounts reflect pending expenses, but just two different ones.

Are these two chart supposed to match?

Tagged:

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

For me, they match - though if you had recent spending, sometimes i've seen things delayed (updated later) in one place or another in the app.

Here I'll share mine:

(Uncategorized is a statement credit on my amazon credit card, what i got for the month with 5% back)

Rob Wilkens

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

My top spending dashboard pie chart and spending report matches on the web app and the mobile app. I could not find how many top spending categories the dashboard is supposed to display. Is there a limit to the number of slices shown on the top spending pie chart on the dashboard?

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Max1223
    Max1223 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 5
    Options

At the moment, they don't match, and fyi, I do NOT have "hide from Repots" checked on those transactions.

Mac Sonoma 14.2 Chrome Brower up to date.

OK, I forced a refresh, and now the numbers match. Does Simplifi download new values on it own without refreshes? I thought it does as sometimes I see Pending flags disappear on its own as well as some other transaction updates.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It makes sense that there would be a limit and it looks like 6 on the web app— one of my charts is "Top Spending" (not :"all spending"), the other is just "Spending" (not limited to top spending).

-Rob

Rob Wilkens

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Max1223 Regarding: "Does Simplifi download new values on it own without refreshes?" - Sometimes it does and other times the charts or spending plan need a forced refresh to reflect updated numbers. I do more forced refreshes to update numbers on the mobile app versus the web app. Today, the refresh was a little slower than usual for me on the mobile app but got resolved.

Minter 2014-2023

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This makes sense, so the top 6 categories are displayed on the top spending chart. If you want to see more spending categories listed, click on the chart to go to the Report.

Minter 2014-2023

This discussion has been closed.