Amazon Prime Biller login error (edited)

Options
blockb
blockb Member
edited April 8 in Bills and Income

My recurring Amazon Prime subscription has an error saying "Unable to connect to your bill We're having trouble connecting to your biller. Try reconnecting."

I tried to reconnect but I get an error saying "We ran into an error when trying to link your biller. Try again. This login is locked. You will need to resolve this with your biller before connecting to Simplifi"

I'm able to login to Amazon prime without a problem and can't find any indication that it is locked. Is there something else going on that is blocking things? I disabled 2FA in Amazon just in case and still have the issue.

Tagged:

Comments

• blockb
    blockb Member
    Options

I tried disconnecting and reconnecting and now it says "Your Amazon Prime account needs you to provide some additional details so that we can continue to sync your info." However, there is no place fo me to enter the additional details that come in via txt message.

There is a prompt for a dropdown saying "Please verify your sign-in by opening the {service} app" but the drop down options are "I have verified sign-in" or "I want to verify later." Selecting the first option does nothing.

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    edited March 5
    Options

Hello @blockb,

Thanks for reaching out. It sounds like your biller (Amazon in this case) is trying to verify that it is really you trying to connect to a third-party application like Quicken Simplifi. I would verify in Quicken Simplifi if you have the disconnect biller option available for that biller. Here are the steps to disconnect if you need them. https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4962798-using-bill-connect-to-track-your-bills#h_c32f935487
    If you do have the disconnect option go ahead and disconnect & reconnect the biller to establish a fresh connection. Let us know how that goes!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am getting exactly the same message with T-Mobile as the first post. Been hoping it will correct itself.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 6
    Options

@ajbopp I was curious so I went through the bill connect process for T-Mobile and was able to connect! I think I tried connecting quite awhile back with no success, but now I appear to be connect through bill connect… not sure how helpful that will be since this is a static biller (that is, the bill amount doesn’t vary month-to-month) but at least I have the T-Mobile icon instead of the generic blue box with a T in it. 😎

Update: Didn't take long before I got this:

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@blockb I just did the same for Amazon Prime, went through the Bill connect process and I appear to be connected as evidenced by now having the Amazon Prime icon instead of the generic blue box with an A. This is an annual bill so won’t know what affect this will have until December. Anyway, the connection seems to work.

Danny
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

However, when I tried bill connect for my Kindle Unlimited I got this…

… so no joy for K Unlimited… then again, this is a static bill so it's not all that useful.

Danny
  • blockb
    blockb Member
    Options

I tried again, but still having the issue. It asked me for the one-time code, but that never came from Amazon. After about 45 min, I tried the connection again, received the "locked" error, and then a txt came in from Amazon with my code. Unfortunately, I had no way to enter it into Simplifi at that point.

• blockb
    blockb Member
    Options

Immediately after I posted, I got some alerts on my phone from the Amazon App asking to approve the connection. I clicked approve, and it looks to have fixed itself!

This discussion has been closed.