Principal 401(k) - FDP-108

Options
ewebubbaewe
ewebubbaewe Member

Hello,

[removed]
I've tried using both the "Principal Impact 401K" and "Principal Residential Mortgage" options, but both return a "FDP-108: To connect to your account, you must complete an action at the website" error.

I have logged in to Principal successfully in an incognito window, successfully answering the MFA challenge. But when I then attempt to add my Princial 401(k) in Simplifi, I still get the FDP-108.

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @ewebubbaewe,

Thanks for reaching out & letting us know! One thing I would suggest is to try signing into your bank's mobile app if you use one. There may be a prompt that is mobile only and this can help us verify this.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• ewebubbaewe
    ewebubbaewe Member
    Options

@Coach Jon Just downloaded the Principal app. I provided username/password, then entered OTP 2FA. I then re-attempted adding my account in Simplifi and still receive a FDP-108. Happy to keep troubleshooting this w/ you.

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    edited March 6
    Options

Hello @ewebubbaewe,

Thanks for the information. We need a little information on your bank's MFA security protocols.

• Are you prompted for MFA when attempting to connect this account in Quicken Simplifi?
    • If so, how are you selecting to receive the code?
    • Do you receive the code and are you able to enter it?
    • Are there any other methods for receiving the code available in Quicken Simplifi, such as receiving it via email instead of text? If so, have you given the other options a try?
    • Are you able to adjust your MFA requirements from the bank's website directly to see if that changes anything in Quicken Simplifi?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• ewebubbaewe
    ewebubbaewe Member
    Options

@Coach Jon

• No, Simplifi doesn't prompt for MFA
    • No, Simplifi doesn't prompt for selecting an alternative MFA method
    • No, removing OTP and only using text MFA didn't change anything in Simplifi.

To note, when logging in to Principal, it does not automatically choose an MFA method. I have to select a method (even when there is only one option).

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@ewebubbaewe, thanks so much for providing the requested information!

I went to get this escalated for you, however, I'm not seeing any attempts for the "Impact 401(K) - Employee Login" option, which is the one I'm guessing you should be using if you have a 401k account. Can you give this option another try and let us know how it goes, please?

-Coach Natalie

• ewebubbaewe
    ewebubbaewe Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie Yes, that's the one I've been attempting:

I just attempted before making this post.

• Coach Natalie
    edited March 7
    Options

@ewebubbaewe, ahh I see it now — thanks!

I think this might actually be a known issue on our service provider's side, but I went ahead and got your case escalated so we can find out for sure. I'll let you know when we hear back.

-Coach Natalie

EWC-10892605

• ewebubbaewe
    ewebubbaewe Member
    Options

Thanks!

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@ewebubbaewe, we heard back from our service provider, and they confirmed that this is a known issue. They stated the issue is due to your employer not permitting us to access the account information, so you have to sign into Principal directly to access that info. They suggested having you contact the bank directly to help make them aware of the issue.

With that, we will keep the Missing FI Request for Principal Financial active, so please be sure to follow along there for any future updates:

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.