Issues with Saving Progress/Changes?

Options
LGM
LGM Member ✭✭
edited April 15 in Report a Bug

I have been experiencing issues with my adjustments saving properly. For example, if I tweak items in budget category series to affect the month I'm changing and future months it adjusts properly and I'm happy with how things look. I'll leave for a few hours and come back to check on things and everything will be back to how it was before I made any adjustments. It's happening more and more often with anything entered or adjusted. It's quite frustrating to make edits to have them all reverted. It defeats the purpose of using this service. If any changes are made to a tag, category, expense name, etc. it should save and not change.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? If not, take note and see if you experience anything after you make the change to ensure it doesn't revert later. Don't rely on this service to save your adjustments.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    edited March 6
    Options

Hello @LGM,

Thanks for letting us know! Just so we have more information on the issue here, could you answer these to the best of your ability:

• what are you making changes to; transactions, recurring series, etc.
    • what types of changes are you making
    • do you stay signed into quicken simplifi and then come back to it and notice the changes have reverted, or do you sign out and then sign in at a later time? If the latter, what happens if you sign out and back in right after making the changes?
    • If you're referring to transactions, are they manually entered or downloaded?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• LGM
    LGM Member ✭✭
    edited March 6
    Options

• Jon,

Thank you for the quick response. See below.

• what are you making changes to; transactions, recurring series, etc.
      • I notice is mostly in recurring series. however, since I don't write down each change I make it's hard to say for certain. I notice it most often in reoccurring series in the budget Planned Spending. Also, happens often in "Income after bills & saving" when I adjust subscriptions or when I link a transaction to a reoccurring.
    • what types of changes are you making
      • See above.
    • do you stay signed into quicken simplifi and then come back to it and notice the changes have reverted, or do you sign out and then sign in at a later time? If the latter, what happens if you sign out and back in right after making the changes?
      • I stay signed into Simplifi, but close out of the tab. However, I also will sometimes see it revert back in front of my eyes, which is what brought me to realize I wasn't crazy on remembering I already did the adjustments I wanted/needed to make.
    • Are the transactions manually entered or downloaded?
      • Both. The budgeted "Planned Spending" area is manually me changing things to automatically pulled data. I assign a tag/rule/condition to it and it won't save sometimes. Similar to all things said above.

• LGM
    LGM Member ✭✭
    Options
  • Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

@LGM,

Thank you for your response. Could you provide screenshots showing the issue for more clarification?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Melsmack
    Melsmack Member
    edited March 7
    Options

I am having the same issue. I changed a year of transactions from check numbers to payees and then categorized them and when I went back they had reverted to check numbers again with no categories.

I went through uncategorized for 2023.

Changed them all.

Never signed out but returned to dashboard and they all reverted to check numbers again.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 7
    Options

If you are trying to modify past transactions with rules and the changes are not being done, you may be experiencing the issue below.

If this applies to you, bookmark the discussion for updates.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hey everyone, thanks for bringing this to our attention!

In order for us to troubleshoot this issue, we need a clear picture of what's going on. We need to know what specifically you're making changes to, where you're making those changes from, and at what point the changes revert. For example, if you're editing transactions, are you doing so from the Transactions view, or from Reports or the Spending Plan, etc.? Are you editing the transactions inline on the Web App (directly from the register) or are you opening the Transaction Detail view? Or are you perhaps bulk editing from the Web App? Does the issue pertain to creating Transaction Rules as Ursula mentioned? Are you experiencing it on the Quicken Simplifi Mobile App, the Web App, or both? Are there any particular culprits you've been able to narrow down, such as the issue only occurring when editing Categories or adding Tags as opposed to other types of changes, etc.?

The more info you can provide will allow us to best assist you. Providing specific examples and/or screenshots would also be very helpful. If you're experiencing this on the Web App, perhaps attempting to reproduce the behavior in a different browser or in incognito/private mode can help identify that the issue is with your primary browser, at which point you can try clearing your cache and cookies. And if you're using the Mobile App, an uninstall/reinstall may be a good thing to try.

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• LGM
    LGM Member ✭✭
    edited March 15
    Options

I don't have screen shots as I won't know when things change randomly. However, it just happened again. I will clearly explain the situation.

On the web-based platform (Edge and I assume others), I will change the "Planned Spending" Categories. I assume everyone uses this feature and it can clearly be found to what I am referring to. Hypothetically, I will change my "Restaurants" monthly expense series from $350/month to $550/month. It will work and carry through the various months going forward. Then without warning it will revert back to $350/month. Now, imagine this for all of your planned expenses that you thoughtfully thought through. Now, you have to redo everything, and it keeps happening without warning. Sometimes its days, sometimes it happens with seconds of doing it. It's almost like the server Simplifi is working off of doesn't save the new changes. Very frustrating and I'm about to change back to [removed] to see how they have progressed over the years.

• LGM
    LGM Member ✭✭
    edited March 15
    Options

Out of curiosity, why do you censor competitors with "[Removed]"? [removed] didn't previously live up to what I was looking for and I switched to Simpifi. However, I'm leaning to see how other have progressed as Simplifi has grown stagnant and issues don't seem to ever get resolved after reading a lot of old threads. Including institutions that still won't connect.

• LGM
    LGM Member ✭✭
    edited March 15
    Options

I guess it will continue to happen. I'll be testing out the [removed] to not use their name and not get censored.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@LGM, thanks for posting back!

Yes, we redact things as we see fit here in the Quicken Simplifi Community. Our Community Guidelines can be reviewed here:

If you decide to stick around with Quicken Simplifi and would like to have the issue you're experiencing looked at further, please let us know. Based on your description, what you're experiencing should definitely not be happening. With that, we'd need some additional info, such as if the issue is occurring on the Quicken Simplifi Web App, the Mobile App, or both. Have you tried from a different browser, or have you tried deleting and recreating one of the Planned Spending expenses to see if these steps improve things for you, or anything along those lines?

The more info you provide will allow us to best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 15
    Options

@Coach Natalie @Coach Jon - Does mentioning or comparing competitors fall under the "Attempting to sell items or services on the community" bullet or does it violate "Stay on topic within a post - if you want to talk about something else, create a new one."? I think that having the competitor names mentioned helps the community by comparing features to Simplifi when relevant. As users, we will like clarification.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@UrsulaA, thanks for the feedback! It falls under us reserving the right to edit, remove, or merge content as we deem fit, and doesn't technically violate anything.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.