Editing linked transfer deletes one side of transaction

Options
ejs
ejs Member ✭✭
edited March 6 in Report a Bug

Sometimes, when I "unlink" a set of transactions that Simplifi has mistakenly linked together as a linked transfer, the software will attempt to delete one side of the transfer instead of simply changing its category to Uncategorized as it normally does. Is this a bug?

For example, today I tried to unlink a transaction that was incorrectly linked to another transaction by changing its category to the generic "Transfer" category and received this message:

"You are editing the transfer transaction 'Ally Bank' to no longer be a transfer. This will also delete the other side of the transfer in account [CapOne - 360 Checking]"

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@ejs, thanks so much for bringing this to our attention!

I was able to reproduce this issue, and the behavior you're seeing should definitely not be occurring. I went ahead and got a bug ticket submitted and will post back as updates are received.

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-20050

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.