Add amount due to multiple due date bills

Options
Jseagull
Jseagull Member
edited April 5 in Bills and Income

I am able to identify future recurring bills that occur over time on multiple dates, however, I need to be able to set the amount due on each date. The example would be planning for Estimated Tax payments that occur 4 times a year but each payment amount may be different. I would like to specify not only the due date, but also the relevant amount of each payment. The only way to do this right now is to set up multiple single annual payments for Fed est taxes due and the same thing for CA state taxes. That would require 8 different recurring bills rather than 2 recurring bills each with 4 payments.

Tagged:

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can edit the reminders (only up to 6 months ahead?) Individually... rather than edit series

Rob Wilkens

• Jseagull
    Jseagull Member
    Options

I can only see the next reminder (e.g. April) and the future reminders (June, Sept, Jan) can only be editied after April reminder is completed and paid. I would like to idenitify the amount due for each payment over the next year. This will require an additional field to be added for each due date where I can enter the amount due for each payment.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

On the web app, if you change the cash flow chart to 6 months, you should be able to edit reminders up to 6 months. There may be an idea post to go further than 6 months.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited March 6
    Options

@Jseagull, you can use the Bills & Payments section to see Reminders further out than 6 months (by customizing the Date Range). You can edit the Date and Amount for each individual Reminder instance displayed here, regardless of the status of the previous Reminder instance for the Series.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4109588-using-the-bills-payments-section

Let us know how this works for you!

-Coach Natalie

• Jseagull
    Jseagull Member
    Options

I see. Thank you. I was able to go up to 6 mos out in the future and make the change for the June payment. A modification to a year out would be great, that way I could set them up one time for the whole period through mid January 2025.

thanks

• Jseagull
    Jseagull Member
    Options

Now I see! I wasn't able to modify the date range so I clicked on Custom again and was then able to modify it.

Very good.

Great support!

Thank you

This discussion has been closed.