Unable to add Target Red Card FDP-103 error (edited)

Options

I am a new user. My first attempt to enter Target to my account it didn't work. So I changed my password and then verified my sign-in and password. But when I type it into the Add box I get the message that it isn't working and to verify it with the Target Red Card site. I tried two more times getting in to the Red Card site with no problem. But Simplify keeps telling me to check the information I am entering. Is there any thing else I can do?

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Happygal87,

Thanks for reaching out! I can see on our side that you are getting a FDP-103 error. This usually indicates the credentials were entered incorrectly. A couple things I would suggest to do:

• Enable the “Show Password” option to confirm no typographical errors.
      • If you are using a password manager, manually type it in instead, in case the one saved is outdated.
    • Depending on how many times you have tried to add the account, you may have locked yourself out. Were you able to sign in with the same credentials on the bank website?
    • Have there been recent changes in your banking website? If there are changes, what are those?
    • What is the exact URL you use to log in to your account (login URL)?
    • What type of accounts are you adding (banking, investment, debt, etc.)?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Starbolt
    Starbolt Member
    Options

I am a new user as well and am having the same issue.

Here is the error:

To connect to Target Red Card, you must re-enter your credentials. If that does not work, try entering them on the website at Target Red Card to ensure they are correct.
    Care Code: FDP-103

I am able to successfully log into the Target website using the same credentials.

I have turned on the show password option and things look like they are typed in correctly.

The sign in url is www.target.com

This is a Target Red Card. A debit card.

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @Starbolt & @Happygal87,

I would suggest following these steps below and insure that they are followed thoroughly for this issue.

1. Verify the bank being selected -- There may be several different versions of the same bank in the Add Account bank list, so be sure you're selecting the correct one. If you're not sure, compare the URL's shown for each bank.
    2. Verify your login information – Type your password/PIN into a text application to ensure you don’t have any typographical errors. Then, copy and paste your login information into Quicken Simplifi to ensure accuracy.
    3. Verify your login at the bank’s website – Try to sign in to your bank’s website using the same login credentials to ensure you've not locked yourself out of the account and that the credentials are still valid.
    4. Check for an app-specific password – Some banks require users to use a specific app password when connecting to a third party. Check with your bank to see if you need to use an app-specific password.
    5. Update your credentials – Try temporarily updating your password at your bank's website and then try again to connect to Quicken Simplifi. We recommend NOT using the following special characters: & < > / \.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Lee B
    Lee B Member ✭✭
    Options

I have been getting this error for a month now. No transactions from Target since mid February. I have tried all the suggestions. Is there an issue with Simplifi connecting to Target? This happened in Mint a few year ago, after telling me all the standard answers, Mint found out that the connection between them and Target was failing. At the time, it took over 3 months for Mint to fix it and, after many weeks, I did get them to admit that their connection to Target was the problem. This 'smells' like exactly the same thing to me. Is there anyone that can check out the connection to Target on the back-end of Simplifi? @Coach Jon . Lee

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @Lee B,

Thanks for posting! Have you followed the troubleshooting steps I posted previously? If not, be sure to do those steps thoroughly.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Lee B
    Lee B Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Jon Yes, I have done all those steps several times over the past 2-3 months. This is an issue on either your end or Target's (or the interface between you two). I am 98% positive. Target Red Card's web site recently changed to allow 2-factor authentication. I suspect that they altered their API to affect this change and this required companies that use those login routines to adjust their interfaces to their security API engine. This is an educated guess based on my 35 years in the IT world.

• Coach Jon
    edited April 1
    Options

Hello @Lee B,

Thanks for reaching out! For us to possibly escalate this issue, could you please provide the following information:

1. The name of the account(s), as it appears on the bank's website.
    2. Have there been recent changes in your banking website? If there are changes, what are those?
    3. What is the exact URL you use to log in to your account?
    4. What type of accounts are you adding (banking, investment, debt, etc.)?
    5. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website that lists all accounts and balances (feel free to redact any personal info) and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).
    6. Document the FORMAT of your password (Not the actual password!). For example, the password of "Quicken123$" would be "Xxxxxxx###$." Document the specific special character(s) in your password (AGAIN, DO NOT provide the actual password!). We recommend to NOT use the following special characters & < > / \.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.