Importing Account Balance For Connected Liability Accounts

Options
kilo23
kilo23 Member
edited March 7 in Troubleshooting

I am trying to import historical balance CSVs which came from Mint. For all of my asset accounts this process works great, but when attempting to import a historical balance CSV for any of my connected loan/liability accounts, those accounts do not appear in the list of accounts to select for importing historical balance (Only assets and investment accounts show up).

Chat support indicated the reason for this is that they are connected accounts, but so are all of my asset accounts, which worked for importing historical balance CSVs just fine. Am I missing something?

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @kilo23,

Thanks for posting to the Community! I would suggest initiating the import from a different account and see if you can select the loan account from the dropdown menu. https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/8912157-how-to-import-account-balance-history#h_55076563d8
    Select a different account for Step 2 in the instructions above & then see if you can select the loan account for Step 5.

Thank You,

Coach Jon

• BobN
    BobN Member
    Options

That's a good idea Coach Jon but the loan accounts don't show up in the dropdown menu in Step 5…

I can add a manual account, and then mark it as a liability account, and I can import my historical balance into that, so I'm not sure why this isn't allowed on linked liability accounts.

I can see how importing transactions to a liability account might be a different thing than asset transactions - but we are just talking about historical balances not transactions.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@BobN, thanks for giving that a try!

We found an employee who has connected loan accounts in Quicken Simplifi and they are also seeing that the accounts are missing from the list of accounts when importing balance history. Although connected loan accounts don't support transactions (as you mentioned), you should definitely be able to import balance history into them. We got this issue escalated and will let you know when we hear back.

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-20097

• Natalie
    Natalie Member
    Options

New user here also coming over from Mint. I too am unable to import balance history for my liability accounts. Any update on this?

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Natalie,

Welcome to Quicken Simplifi! We haven't seen any updates on this ticket yet. I recommend bookmarking this thread since we'll post updates here, once we hear back. If you don't see the option to bookmark the thread, please make sure you're logged into the Community.

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

• Coach Natalie
    edited April 4
    Options

Hey everyone, a fix for this issue is expected with the 4.7.0 4.8.0 Web Release.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Neubadger
    Neubadger Member
    edited April 16
    Options

In the web version of Simplifi, when I try to use the Import Historical Balance tool (from CSV file), my home and vehicle loan accounts do not appear as options for accounts to import to.

The primary account I'm looking for is called "Mortgage (Refinanced)", so I'll choose that as my one issue, but this also applies to "Inactive Original Mortgage" and two vehicle loans. These account balances show up in March and April in my Net Worth report, but there are no entries for previous months. (I joined Simplifi in March.)

"Mortgage (Refinanced)" is through UW Credit Union as the bank.

How do I import historical balances for "Mortgage Refinanced" (and similar accounts)?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Neubadger, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

As you can see from the above discussion that I merged your thread with, this issue has already been escalated. At this time, a fix is expected with the 4.8.0 Web Release. You can follow along here for any further updates.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.