What's your favorite hobby??

Options
Coach Jon
Coach Jon Moderator admin
edited April 22 in The Water Cooler

Hobbies! We all have them and we want to know what our Quicken Simplifi community members go-to hobbies are.

Personally, I am a big nerd and enjoy playing Dungeons & Dragons with close friends. πŸ‰
Let us know what your favorite hobby is!

Tagged:

Comments

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm bit of a contemplative and my favorite hobby is reading and contemplating theology and philosophy with occasional forays into physics πŸ€“πŸ€”πŸ˜Ž

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    ”Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I enjoy walking and doing the occasional 5 K.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I like to code as a hobby, but i haven't coded anything in a few weeks. My ios app yesterday made the top 100 paid utilities list (#97) on iPad yesterday. It's not a financial app, but i am aware of the no soliciting rules here, so i won't advertise ;)

β€”
    Rob Wilkens

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Doing Simplifi, of course!

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Biking and making big complex spreadsheets. I have one for a food diary that tracks nutrition and weight. Have another to track the value of my retirement accounts and projects their future value based on a Monte Carlo simulation.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I thought about doing my own food diary, but numerous existing apps have (1) large food databases, and (2) are cloud based so i can enter on phone or web, so decided not to reinvent that wheel.

β€”
    Rob Wilkens

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 9
    Options

I enjoyed the challenge 😁 What I created is only likely to be user friendly to me, but I had enormous fun doing it. Plus, I do almost all my own cooking - rarely buy preprocessed foods - so I included a way to accurately represent the dishes I make from scratch for calories and nutritional value.

I suppose this means that cooking is also a favorite hobby of mine.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• Marky D
    Marky D Member ✭
    Options

Pickleball of course…its more than a hobby, it's an obsession. 🀣

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

My favorite hobby is a toss up between reading and video games. Which I prefer depends on my mood.

-Coach Kristina

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

I'd have to say that my most consistent hobby is playing Pokemon Go. Whether rain or shine, I dedicate at least 30 minutes every day to playing. Sometimes I'm just "going" in my car instead of on a walk. But it gets me out and about every day! 😁

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I do a 4-5 mile walk every day… maybe I should give PokΓ©mon Go a try! 😁

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    ”Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • atommasi
    atommasi Member ✭
    Options

I'm a computer programmer by trade, and I run a website design and cloud services business for fun on the side.

I'm also into gaming, Guild Wars2 and Overwatch mainly right now

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I used to be a gamer until the mid 90s when most games gave me motion sickness.

β€”
    Rob Wilkens

• Infinity
    Options

Gaming and lifting weights! I also build websites and a little marketing for fun.

• Ant-Money
    Ant-Money Member ✭
    Options

Tropical fish keeping. Fresh water fishing with my sons.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The question posed here was 'what is your favorite' - I'm amazed at the number of people who have multiple 'favorite' hobbies (or maybe just can't pick). I have an endless amount of things I do to keep busy (since i don't work) many of which could be considered a hobby, but narrowing it down to the one enjoyed most can be difficult I guess.

β€”
    Rob Wilkens

This discussion has been closed.