Mobile app: other side of linked tx not created

Options
RobWilk
RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 11 in Report a Bug

On the mobile app, i tried twice..

I create a credit card payment as a linked transfer.

It does not show on the credit card side.

I tried refreshing (pulldown from dashboard), and forcing the app closed and restarting.

I didn't yet try reinstalling the app. (Edit:tried that, same issue exists)

Rob Wilkens

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    edited March 8
    Options

Hey @RobWilk,

We tried reproducing on our side and it works for us on both iOS & Android. Have you confirmed that it works for you on the web application? It may be dataset-specific. Can you send a video of what you are doing exactly?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sent via dm

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    edited March 11
    Options

Hello @RobWilk,

I did see the video you sent. I am not sure why this is happening with your mobile app as on our side it is working fine. Have you verified if it works on the web application?

-Coach Jon

• Bgz
    Bgz Member ✭✭
    Options

@RobWilk is it possible that the linked credit card payments are in different months e.g 29th of Feb vs March 1st? Changing the date of one transaction to get both in the same month has worked for me in the past.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 9
    Options

I only created one side, and never got the prompt/warning about creating the other side. There is no see other side on the tx

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Bgz Frustrating, but yes (I was only able to see this from a laptop)… It matched a transaction dated March 8 with the other side dated February 8th. I'll figure out a way to work around this.

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Jon i still consider it an app flaw that it does not prompt whether to match or create a new other side.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited March 11
    Options

@RobWilk, I'm also taking a look at this on my Android and don't see any issues. I'm prompted to create the other side of the Transfer as expected:

And the other side of the Transfer is appropriately created after clicking "Continue":

I also viewed the video you sent to Coach Jon and I noticed you were working from the account directly. Although I didn't see any issue when creating the Transfer from an account directly, have you tried from All Transactions or anything along those lines? Also, are you attempting to create the other side of the Linked Transfer, or are you trying to link the manual transaction to an existing transaction in the other account? If the latter, is the existing transaction in the other account manually entered or downloaded?

I also see that you tried an uninstall/reinstall of the Quicken Simplifi Mobile App — can you give this another try, please? Since none of us are able to reproduce it, the issue may perhaps be specific to your device or dataset and I want to be sure it's not an install issue.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie

@Bgz steered me in the right direction, it was matching with a transaction from February 8 rather than creating a new one on March 8.

The following is what feb 8 looked like: Note two of these transactions should have been merged.

The "Payment Thank You" transaction was unlinked, so the March 8th payment got linked to that instead.

I'm very tempted to go back to using my Citi card rather than penfed (it's a 3% higher interest rate) because merging transactions seems to work better there. I'm so close to another $50 amazon gift card in points right now on penfed card, so that's the main reason i'm using it for now.

Am I right that the mobile app does not have a merge?

The other problem, on which I think I created an idea post, was that the mobile app does not have "See Other Side." For the last 4-5 weeks and the next 2, I'm going to be using the mobile app a lot more while we're more or less being kept out of our house due to flood/asbestos-related repairs.

-Rob

Rob Wilkens

This discussion has been closed.