Transactions dissappearing

Options
Max1223
Max1223 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited April 12 in Report a Bug

Hi

I seem to have random transactions disappear. Fortunately not many, but it happens about 2-3 times a month. I see them come in as Pending, I adjust a category or attach to a spending plan, and move on as I wait for them to clear. But then at later time, sometimes same day or next, the transaction is gone. When I check the original account, be it Wells F or Amex, I DO see the cleared transactions on those sites.

Unfortunately I can't really troubleshoot this beyond just keeping an eye on transactions. This is concerning to have transactions just disappear.

Tagged:

Comments

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Isit possible the transaction somehow moves to Other Spending? I've had that happen with editing transactions. Never been able to pin down why it happens.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• Bgz
    Bgz Member ✭✭
    Options

I was also missing a couple of transactions. It seems that I had adjusted the date by mistake and it was 6 months in the future in the spending plan.

• Max1223
    Max1223 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The Transactions are completely missing from the main Transaction list unfortunately. In the past, I've had to manually add them back in.

• Max1223
    Max1223 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I do recall a couple of times and this most recent one as well, that I linked the transaction to an existing recurring transaction because for some reason, it did not register as "recurring" and automatically link to the Spend plan. I wonder if that has anything to do with it? @Coach Natalie

• Max1223
    Max1223 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Bgz I searched via the transaction section and nothing was found. I assume searching here would find "future" dated transactions as well if I accidentally changed the date.

• Bgz
    Bgz Member ✭✭
    Options

@Max1223 Weirdly, future transactions did not show up with searching. I manually went through a few months in the spending plan and found it. It was driving me crazy for a couple of hours…

• Max1223
    Max1223 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

fyi, I waited a couple of days to see if it would re-appear but has not. So I have manually added the transaction. Any thoughts from any of the Coaches on this?

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Max1223, thanks for reaching out!

When a future-dated transaction is entered into Quicken Simplifi, it becomes part of the "upcoming" modal instead of being displayed in the register. Have you checked the Bills & Payments section for the missing transactions? This section will show all upcoming Recurring Reminders, expected Refunds, and future-dated transactions.

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• Max1223
    Max1223 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

So the future transaction is there, but that's seems to go with all other future transactions i have. The transactions showed up in the register, but then dissappeared. I had to manually add it to the register.

One thing that is odd is in Bills and Payments, the transaction is in the Past Due Box. BUT I have linked the manually added transaction in the Spending plan…so it seems at the moment, the manually added transaction is shown as Bill "paid" in the spending plan but still showing at Past Due in Bill and Payments. Clicking the 3 dots, do I need to do something here to correct this? Will doing so affect the Spending plan?

• Max1223
    Max1223 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie another bug seems to be:

in Bill and Payments section, the missing transaction as Past Due

in the Transactions register, the missing transactions does NOT show up at all in the Bills and Payments at the top of the register.

• Max1223
    Max1223 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie so the manually added transactions was labelling pending. I cleared it, then in the Bill and Payments section, it no longer shows as Past Due. But there is still a bug, as prior to my clearing it, the Bills and Payments section did not match the Bills and Payments at the top of the Transactions Register.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Max1223, are you using the Web App or the Mobile App? The Mobile App has a bug that's being worked on where 'Past' Reminders are missing in the Projected Cash Flow —

I'm wondering if that's what you saw. If not, we'll need you to keep an eye out for the issue to happen again and provide specific examples and screenshots so we can get a clear idea of what's happening. Otherwise, it sounds like you are good to go. 😀

-Coach Natalie

• Max1223
    Max1223 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie unfortunately, this is happening on desktop, Mac 14.4 and Chrome up to date. Its all in sync for the moment, but as pending bills or Past Due tags start to show up, I'll take some screen grabs.

This discussion has been closed.