Planned Spending Summary is missing (edited)

Options
Mamistewart
Mamistewart Member
edited April 12 in Report a Bug

Last week there was a new feature of a banner at the top of the Planned Spending page that showed the total of funds spent so far and the total of funds left in the plan. I'm told that there was a recent update that has affected all users and that unfortunately, the feature was removed. Will this VERY helpful feature be restored with the next update and is there a planned time frame?

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Mamistewart,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community. The new "Summary" in Planned Spending has been removed due to the upcoming rollover feature. The numbers weren't exactly represented properly with rollover, so we are working on how to make the features mesh. We're not sure at this time if the Summary will ever be returned to Planned Spending. We hope you understand.

Thank You,

Coach Jon

• RoRo
    RoRo Member
    Options

I'd like to second how useful that banner feature was. Was literally just looking for it and refreshing different browsers wondering where it went.

I really hope it comes back - i've already adapted my process to the lack of rollovers in Simplifi, so sucks if this is the reason its gone. A simple metric for how much funds are globally available is really useful towards the end of the month when you may want to tweak allocations.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@RoRo, thanks for the feedback!

I'd suggest adding your vote and feedback to our existing Idea post here, which has been reopened for voting now that the Planned Spending Summary was removed:

-Coach Natalie

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@RoRo by "globally available" as a number different from the "$XXX.XX available" already shown in the Spending Plan summary?

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@DannyB, they're looking for the Planned Spending Summary that was removed due to the upcoming Rollover feature. This is what it looked like before it was removed:

-Coach Natalie

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 13
    Options

@Coach Natalie

Ah, of course… the "globally" is what threw me… I interpreted that as to mean the whole spending plan and not just the Planned Spending piece. 😎

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Will this summary come back in another form? It was pretty handy.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• RoRo
    RoRo Member
    Options

@DannyB i was indeed confusing things with my use of 'globally'. But my intention was summarized perfectly by the screenshot from Coach Natalie.

It's so useful to quickly know the aggregated amount left to spend within my spending plan, as some things i may have gone over, some i'm under. At the end of the month its good to know easily how bad or good things are within the spending plan itself without having to pull out a calculator.

@Coach Natalie thanks for pointing me to the Idea thread to upvote on!

This discussion has been closed.