Past transactions got changed from a correct categorization to "Credit Card Payment"

Options
JTE
JTE Member
edited April 9 in Report a Bug

I recently had current and past transactions (going back multiple years) changed to "Credit Card Payment" from the already-set, correct categorization on those transactions. And because those transactions were set to "Credit Card Payment" they were also apparently automatically excluded from the Spending Plan and Reports. Obviously that really messed up budgeting when transactions that were normally categorized as "Utilities" and "Insurance" started disappearing from the Spending Plan!!!

Tagged:

Comments

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@JTE

I've had this happen once too. Unfortunately, in that case, it was because I forgot to uncheck this box…

I was just tired enough that that I clicked the Create button instead of the red X. Because of the highlighted checkbox, Simplifi then recategorized ALL my transactions (2 years worth). It was a nightmare to undo and I still don't think I fixed it proper.

My takeaway was DON'T TOUCH the Create button until you've thought good and hard about it.

Could this be what happened to you?

P.S. If so, then you might be interested in this Idea Post!

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
This discussion has been closed.