Duplicated Bill in Spending Plan when linking transaction to series

Options
Wedo778
Wedo778 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited April 11 in Using the Spending Plan

Wondering if anyone else has come across this behavior.

My water bill is paid bimonthly, so I have a recurring bill set up due on the odd numbered months.

Paid it yesterday. Saw the transaction come through later that day and it wasn't linked so I manually linked it like I often have to for many of my recurring items. I always do this by going to the transaction and selecting to link to an existing recurring item.

Looked at my spending plan this morning. The normal Water Bill, due the 17th, was still there. In addition to a second entry for the actual transaction that I linked to the bill series. So its duplicated, and my spending plan showed I was budgeted for $100 more than it should for bills this month.

Tried unlinking it, the duplicate went away. Relinked it, the duplicate reappeared.

Unlinked it again, and this time I went to the Bills and Payments area. Selected the water bill due the 17th, and linked to a transaction. In theory, I'm doing the exact same thing as above just from the reverse direction. Bam, worked, no duplicate.

I've always linked from the transactions and never from the bill series. And never had this duplicating issue until now. So I'm curious if anyone else is seeing this and perhaps it being a new bug or something.

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Wedo778,

Thanks for posting to the Community. I would suggest deleting the duplicate Reminder in this case. Just be sure not to delete the Reminder that is linked to a transaction.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

This discussion has been closed.