"Bank Balance / Balance with Pending" settings won't stick

Options
ejs
ejs Member ✭✭

I have all of my bank accounts set to the "Bank balance (Default)" setting. However, when I view any of my accounts, in the upper right hand corner of the screen it shows the setting as being set to the opposite "Balance with pending" setting (see screenshot below), and Simplifi behaves as if this is the selected setting (it counts pending transactions towards the account balance). I tried toggling the setting back and forth and refreshing the connection for individual accounts, which did not work to make the correct setting stick.

View of top of screen when viewing an individual account:

View when viewing account setting for the corresponding account:

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @ejs,

Thanks for reaching out to the community! Per the article instructions, it states that you must wait 4-6 hours for the next successful refresh. Have you done this? Please let us know!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• ejs
    ejs Member ✭✭
    Options

My setting is set to Bank Balance and has always been set that way. I tried switching to Balance with Pending and then switching back (right away) to Bank Balance to see if that fixes it. Are you suggesting that I should switch to Balance with Pending, then wait 4-6 hours before switching it back to Bank Balance?

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    edited March 12
    Options

Hello @ejs,

Yes, I would suggest waiting 4-6 hours after switching due to Quicken Simplifi updating with the financial institution every 4 - 6 hours.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• ejs
    ejs Member ✭✭
    Options

Just to clarify, the setting I want is Bank Balance, and I’ve had it set to Bank Balance for well over 4-6 hours (it has been set that way for weeks). The problem is that even though it is set to Bank Balance, Simplifi is treating the account as if it were set to Balance with Pending. So in order to try to fix this, I should set it to Balance with Pending, leave it that way for 4-6 hours, then set it back to Bank Balance?

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@ejs, thanks for clarifying!

Yes, we want to do some testing, so please enable the 'Balance with Pending' setting for the account, wait 4-6 hours for the next connection with the bank, and then disable 'Balance with Pending' (put it back on 'Bank Balance)' and wait another 4-6 hours. You will ultimately end back to 'Bank Balance', but this will allow us to do some testing on the different balance options to see how each one impacts you, if at all.

I'd also suggest checking the Balance with Pending setting for all accounts, which is the three dots at the upper right of the Accounts List:

I'd like to say that the individual account setting would override the setting for all accounts in the Accounts List, but let's do some testing on this as well. If the above steps don't fix things for you, and if the Accounts List is set to 'Balance with Pending', please go ahead and change this to 'Bank Balance' and wait 4-6 hours again to see what happens.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• ejs
    ejs Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie, thanks! I just changed the setting for one of the individual accounts to Balance with Pending, and I will wait over 6 hours then change it back, and see if that has any effect (after waiting another 6 hours).

However, your point about the setting for all accounts might be the explanation for what's going on. I see that I have this setting set to Balance with Pending, even though every single one of my accounts has the individual setting set to Bank Balance. So perhaps the "all accounts" setting is actually overriding the individual account setting?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@ejs, I'm wondering the same! Can you try just changing to 'Bank Balance' for the Accounts List (all accounts) to see how that works for you? 😀

-Coach Natalie

• ejs
    ejs Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie, changing to "Bank Balance for the Accounts List resolved the problem. It is odd, though, that the individual account setting would be overridden by the all accounts setting (rather than the other way around). It's also odd that the all accounts setting defaults to Balance with Pending when the individual account settings default to Bank Balance (and Bank Balance is described as "(Default)" in the individual account settings.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@ejs, agreed!

I forwarded this along to our product team so they can take a look at the behavior. It sounds like you are good to go, though, since having 'Bank Balance' set for the entire Accounts List meets your needs. 🥳

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.